Weather: Who cares, it’s the gloom and we are blessed to be a part of it!
When approaching the AO, and you see that Sniper is driving his heavy duty diesel truck, you KNOW you are in for some pain. I am starting to very much prefer the site if his unmarked police Tahoe, and I never thought I’d say that about a police car!
Sniper brought a TRUCKLOAD of coupons, and it was was great to see a guest from Louisville already helping set up the pain stations. Welcome Pope!
5:15 hit, the disclaimer was shared along with the 5 core principles, and we were off for a mosey including Carioca x2, High Knees and Butt Kickers. COP included the following, IC:
- Imperial Walkers x15
- Hill Billy Walkers x15
- Strawberry Pickers x10
- Windmills x10
- SSH x20
It was time to find out what the coupon circular had in store for us. The Thang included 60 seconds AMRAP of the following stations:
- Kettle Bell swings
- Alternating Shoulder Taps
- Squats with filled water pipes
- Box Jumps/Step ups
- Tire Pull
- Water Pipe Curls
- Water Pipe Shoulder Press
- American Hammers with medicine ball
After each rotation of the entire set, the pax took off for a lap around the park loop, which was at no easy pace!! Thanks for the push, Pope! YHC enjoyed that second lap.
- March 10/11 – Helping rebuild the kitchen that serves homeless and in-need individuals in Bradenton. Items needed included Cash donations, plywood for shelving, paint supplies, industrial size cooking pots and utensils. See Ripken for complete details
- Recon mission for a potential new AO – Summerfield Park in Lakewood Ranch (Lakewood Ranch Blvd and 70) on Tuesday, 2/20 at 5:15a
- Prayers for Maynard, Sniper’s neighbor, who is entering hospice care as he has been battling with various forms of cancer.
- Prayers for those impacted by the Parkland area school shooting.
A great discussion ensued about the need for male role models and influencers in today’s society. If you have an opportunity to impact a fatherless child in your life, take the opportunity head on. Ripken quoted a book in which 40 inmates were surveyed and all 40 either had no father figure, or hated their fathers. This is what is causing the broken society we are witnessing today. Nearly all of the school shootings and violent outbursts are being carried out by men, with the common thread of a broken home or no presence of a father. We can start by making an impact in our daily lives, and we need to take on that challenge.