Weather: 72 degrees and foggy
Good turn-out this morning. No FNG’s. The pax was fired up to see why this beatdown was called The Amazing Race.
Pax started with a mosey of two laps around the parking lot. Mixed in were butt kickers, high knees, nur and carioca x2. Then, the pax moved to the hockey rink.
- SSH x20 IC
- Strawberry pickers x15 IC
- Abe Vigoda x12 IC
- Moroccan Night Clubs x20 IC
- Alabama Ass-kickers x10 each leg IC
- Side Plank x2 each arm
Bear Crawl 1-2-3. First, the pax partnered up and lined up on one side of the hockey rink. One partner executed a bear crawl to the other side and then did a crab walk back. The other partner performed exercises in place. On completion of bear crawl / crab walk, the partners switched roles. Exercises were 100 merkins, 200 LBC, 300 squats.
The Amazing Race. The majority of the Thang was spent in The Amazing Race. Pax formed 6 teams of two and given a map. The Race consisted of 8 exercise stations spread out across Adventure Park. Each station was marked with a cone and had a list of exercises to perform. Generally, the stations consisted of two exercises with 20 reps each, repeated 3 times. Of course, one station had Burpees x10 for 3 repeats. Upon completion of the exercises, the team could claim one token from a bowl at the station (a poker chip). Both team members had to complete all exercises. Team had to travel together.
Each token counted as one point. If a team completed all 8 stations, they received 4 extra points. Teams could not repeat the same station twice in a row. However, teams could choose to not complete all 8 stations and forgo the extra points. Teams had to return to the hockey rink by 7:55am. Late arriving teams were docked a point.
And the winning team was: Drake and Pincher! These animals completed all 8 stations and arrived back at the hockey rink with a couple minutes to spare, earning 12 points. They were rewarded with several high calorie candy bars.
Praises / Prayers:
- Lambeau: Moving into a new house
- Drake: Incident with former spouse
- Bing: Recognizing our friends in law enforcement, particularly in light of recent shooting in CA
- Big Mac: Prayers for Mr. Clean and the situation with his mother
- Smudge: Will be traveling over the next month
- 11/10 – Turkey Trot 5k. Sign-up online or see Drake.
- 11/10 – St. Pete races – 5k and half marathon. See Smudge for details.