Weather: 60 degrees and misting after a long and stormy night.
8 true HIM rose up from the fartsack after a long stormy night, not afraid to get wet while getting stronger. Before the beatdown began, Drake loaded up YHC car with toy after toy after toy for the Operation Sweet Tooth Toy Drive!
When the clock stuck 7, YHC opened with the following from James 1:17:
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
With the season of giving gifts upon us, we discussed how we actually use the gifts we already have.
The first gift is the ability to mosey, so mosey we did. Lap 1 included a regular run, Nur and then high knees and butt kickers mixed in. Lap 2 included some karaoke x2 followed by increased paces to round out the third lap.
Circling up in the parking lot, the Pax ran through a series of exercises to warm up on this brisk winter day.
- Windmills x10IC
- Side Straddle Hop x20IC
- Moroccan Night Clubs (it was fun to go until the mumble chatter began)
- Mountain Climbers x15 IC
In an effort to honor the pax who were running the Ragnar Trail Race, the Pax headed out to run some long laps down Greenbrook Blvd and back around to the AlphaQuadrant sidewalk, stopping at each corner for a series of exercises. The following exercises were done through-out the laps at each stop:
- Merkins x25 and X40 on lap 2
- Squats x 25
- Overhead Claps x25
- LBCs x25
- Seal Jacks x25
- Monkey Humpers x25
- Lunges x25
- Gorilla Humpers x40
- Mountain Climbers x40
- Squat Jumps x40
- Freddie Mercury x40
- Lt. Dan modified – Lunge x2/Squat x40 – Hateful
With only a few minutes remaining, it was off to the front sidewalk to execute a round of 11s with LBCs and American Hammers, a refreshing way to end a solid beatdown.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give! This really hit home for many of the Pax as we reflect on the gifts we are given, but how do we accept those gifts, and more importantly, do we use those gifts to better others? F3 is a gift that we have all been given, how do we give it to others? How do we get involved beyond just the bootcamps to make F3 even stronger in the community? The challenge to the pax is to get more involved in F3 Leadership as we role out our leadership roles in 2018. Also, give the gift or reaching out to your brothers who might have fallen off the bootcamp attendance. They need your hand to guide them back!
And of course, the greatest gift of all (Luke 2:10-11):
And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
- Toy Collection Drive thru next Saturday morning! Bring them
- Attend a morning workout – really disrupt the status quo and see what a weekday workout will do for you (thanks Jimmy Dean, YHC agrees)
- Skyway 10k – Sign up for it but hurry! https://www.skyway10k.com/ Register with your F3 Name such as David F3 Bing Kelly
- Look out for more information about a Go Ruck Light event headed up by Kotter
- Read your newsletter
- For our brothers running at Ragnar
- For Mr. Clean’s mother as she gets treatment for her cancer
- For the entire Lynch family as they need strength to support their mother during these times.
Thanks for the opportunity to lead this morning and great job posting in less than desirable conditions! And no, we actually didn’t get rained on. It was great!