Weather: 70s and steamy
The Pax rolled into the EchoChamber, even with the threat of coupons being on site, all stepping up to be high impact men! The disclaimer was given and the Pax took off for a mozi around the parking lot, x2. Butt Kickers, High Knees, Toy Soldiers, Knee to Chest stretch and carioca x2 were on tap.
- SSH x30 IC
- Florida Strawberry Pickers x10 IC
- Windmills x10 IC
- Flutter Kicks x15 IC
- Freddy Mercury x15 IC
Many folks carry an additional burden in their lives, and how they respond to that burden dictates if it’ll make them stronger, or tear them down. Our burden, for the remainder of the 35 minutes was carrying paver stone bricks as we executed a speed bump workout.
Running while carrying our burdens, we stopped at each speed bump/speed hump along Adventure Place Road (5 in total). On the way out, the pax performed, while holding the bricks:
- 20 Moroccan Night Clubs
- 10 Shoulder Press
- 10 Arm lifts
While planking for the six, the bricks were placed on everyones backs (carefully).
For the return trip, the pax hit each speed bump/speed hump with the following exercises:
- LBCs (bricks on chest) x10
- American Hammers (while holding brick) x10
- Alternating Merkins with one hand on stacked bricks x10
The pax them proceeded to rally the six, while walking/holding the stones above our heads the entire time.
With a few moments remaining, the pax circled up for a round of brick Mary, including the following:
- Sit-ups x10
- Homer to Marge x10 IC
- Box Cutters with Bricks held up high x10 IC
- Mountain Climbers x10IC
- Up on 1 count – down slowly on 3 count x11 IC
- Superman x10 IC
- Lunges x10 IC
- Squats x10 IC
- One other that can’t be recalled
The pax responded very well to how they carried their burden this morning, even though there was some moaning and mumbling along the way, but that is what makes us stronger! Great job Pax!
- 80 yo Client of Ripken, Joe, who fell and broke nearly all ribs
- Friend of Sniper, Toby – for marriage problems
- Anonymous friend of BackDraft, for marriage problems
- Gator Run on 4/21 – Sign up and eat a big breakfast afterwards
- SUP/Run 5k 5/19 – F3 will lead the pre-race workout
- 5/12 Tri – see Ripken for details
Honored and humbled to lead such a great group of men.