QSource | Q1.4 Jester
Weather | 65° F | Humidity 70% | Wind: 7mph NNE
5 Pax continued our leadership study: QSource. This morning we continued the first quadrant Get Right with Q1.4: Jester.
The Temptation Of The Flesh That Hinders Acceleration
Hebrews 12:1 (NIV) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
- Are some temptations worse than others?
- Don’t bad men often do good things, and good men often do bad things?
- Can a man ultimately conquer his own demons?
Every man has his own personal Jester
- The Jester is the temptation of the flesh that hinders Acceleration.
- Whether it be pride, gambling, alcohol abuse, pornography, laziness, anxiety, schadenfreude or (fill in your Jester here), the result is the same for the Amateur.
- Lacking Preparedness, he is kept out of proper personal alignment by his own personal Jester.
The Jester is a master liar
- Luckily for us, while the Jester is a devious liar, he is not that creative.
- Here are the five biggest lies the Jester has told since time began:
- You Are The Boss Of Me: “You can stop me anytime you want.”
- You Are What You Do: “It is your stumbling self that is the true you, not the Virtuous self.”
- You Are (relatively) Not That Bad A Guy: “It is not that bad, at least you don’t do these other worse things!”
- The Jester And Virtue Can Coexist: “The good things you do outweigh these tiny little bad things.”
- You Can’t Live, If Living Is Without Me: “You don’t know life without me.”
Preparedness keeps the Jester at bay
- The Sad Clown approaches the battle with his Jester like an Amateur: Unprepared
- The HIM approaches his Jester in the same way he does the rest of his Royalty Race—like a Pro.
- If your relationship with those in Proximity and your Creator are not Right and Accelerating, then you are more vulnerable to your Jester and unexpected circumstances.
- Every man has his own personal Jester
- The Jester is a master liar
- Preparedness keeps the Jester at bay
Homework for 3/30
Thoughts for the week:
- Is work-life balance a useful concept??
- Are some relationships more important than others?
- Is meeting your wife halfway good enough?