QSource | Q1.2 King
Weather | 76° F | Humidity 69% | Wind: 10mph SE
11 Pax continued our leadership study: QSource. This morning we continued the first quadrant Get Right with Q1.2: King.
The Daily Discipline of Physically Training The Body
1 Corinthians 9:25-27 (NIV) Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
- What is the most important component of Fitness?
- What is the purpose of exercise?
- What is the best way to Accelerate Fitness?
A man’s Right relationship with himself—his Fitness—begins with his body
- These fragile bodies of ours are what we are given to house our souls. How can the soul prosper if the body withers?
- The King is the first component of the daily Royalty Race.
- Royalty Race: the daily battle to Accelerate the King, Queen and Jester
- “exercise is king and nutrition is queen—put them together and you’ve got a kingdom” — Jack LaLanne
- F3 added the Jester because we realized that the wrong temptation will topple even the strongest man’s fitness kingdom.
A man maintains Fitness for reasons outside of himself
- The HIM stays in strict physical training to get a crown that will last forever. There is an eternal purpose.
- The goal of the King is to constantly increase 3S2T.
- 3S2T: Speed, Strength, Stamina, Toughness (physical) and Toughness (mental)
- These are the aspects of a HIM’s physical kingdom that enable him to do the things he must do to be a Leader.
- How can a man be much of Leader if he gets smoked pulling his family’s luggage off the baggage carousel and carrying it to the minivan?
- What will a son learn from a father who can’t play catch with him in the backyard for more than five minutes without having to sit down?
Fitness is best Accelerated by running with faster men
- What works best for the individual man will be dependent on the man himself and the circumstances of time, place and age that are beyond his control
- What is true for both men, and all men seeking to Accelerate, is that it works much better as a Group than as a Singleton.
- Singleton: a man insistent upon flying solo
- Together, we pool our collective knowledge for the benefit of each individual and spur one another on to places we would never reach alone. This is the power of the Shield Lock.
- Shield Lock: the horizontal relationship between men
- A man’s Right relationship with himself—his Fitness—begins with his body
- A man maintains Fitness for reasons outside of himself
- Fitness is best Accelerated by running with faster men
Homework for 3/16
Thoughts for the week:
- Can a good exercise routine overcome a bad diet?
- Are some foods bad?
- What leads a man to descend into gluttony?