QSource | F2 Language
Weather | 52° F | Humidity 54% | Wind: 9mph NE
7 Pax continued our new 3rd F study: QSource. This is a 50-week study and will take us all the way through 2019. The material has been developed by the leaders of F3 to help men learn and master leadership. All Pax are invited and encouraged to attend. If you have not read the PreBlast Introduction yet, please take a few minutes to read it.
Foundation | F2 – Language.
The Lexicon Of Virtuous Leadership
Genesis 11:6 (NIV) The Lord said, “if as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them”.
- How has the theory of leadership changed over time?
- Does the culture have any effect upon the language of leadership?
- Is there one common language of leadership?
Leadership is evolutionary, not revolutionary
- leadership is founded upon a common set of principles that have been gradually evolving through trial and error since the first caveman led his tribe to higher ground to escape the rising flood waters.
- Any man who has posted to an F3 workout knows that F3 has a unique word or definition for any concept that we consider to be mission essential.
The culture denatures words to uselessness
- Accountability – an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one’s actions.
- Nobody can hold themselves accountable, like society frequently suggests.
- The concept of accountability is inexpressibly important to the skill of leadership. Without accountability, leaders cannot influence movement to advantage.
Effective groups have a unique Language
- F3 defines Accountability – submitting to standard through enforcement and consequence.
- Accountability requires a Standard, Enforcement, and Consequence.
- F3 is not alone in the employment of unique Language. Every Effective group has its own language, whether it be the United States Army or the New England Patriots.
- Leadership is evolutionary, not revolutionary
- The culture denatures words to uselessness
- Effective groups have a unique Language
Homework for 2/2
- F3 – Group
- Ephesians 4:16
Thoughts for the week:
Is man’s natural desire solitude or combination? Are there different types of groups that people form? Are there any types of groups that are more important than others?