- Date: 01/18/20
- AO: Adventure Park
- QIC: Recall
- PAX: Sniper, Raid, Cottontail, ShamWow, Steel, Wooford, Quickdraw, Sparky, Lambeau, Flash, I-Beam, Manziel, Bolt, Stagecoach, Recall
- Weather: 59-degrees and sunny
15 strong posted this Gloom. YHC kicked off the beat down with the 5-core principles and the disclaimer. We commenced with a Mosey around the northern pond, and then around the perimeter of YHC’s Beatdown station. The Mosey featured High Knees, Butt Kickers, NUR, and Carioca (x2). The PAX circled-up on the basketball court.
The Playlist (114 mins)
- Dude (Looks Like a Lady) – Aerosmith
- Janie’s Got a Gun – Aerosmith
- Livin’ On a Prayer – Bon Jovi
- Let’s Get Rocked – Def Leppard
- Play With Me – Extreme
- Welcome to the Jungle – Guns N’ Roses
- Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses
- Paradise City – Guns N’ Roses
- Dr. Feelgood – Motley Crue
- Kickstart My Heart – Motley Crue
- Nothin’ But a Good Time – Poison
- Unskinny Bop – Poison
- Round and Round – Ratt
- Too Late to Say Goodbye – Richard Marx
- Youth Gone Wild – Skid Row
- 18 and Life – Skid Row
- Up All Night – Slaughter
- We’re Not Gonna Take It – Twisted Sister
- Right Now – Van Halen
- Jump – Van Halen
- Dreams – Van Halen
- Rock You Like a Hurricane – Scorpions
- I Wanna Rock – Twisted Sister
- Down Boys – Warrant
- Cherry Pie – Warrant
- Seventeen – Winger
- 25 SSH – IC
- Hamstring Stretches – 2x
- 10 Florida Strawberry Pickers – IC
- Groin Stretches – 2x
- 20 Mountain Climbers – IC
- Plank Hold (15 sec) – Right Arm Up (15 sec) – Plank Hold (15 sec) – Right Arm Up (15 sec)
- 20 Peter Parkers – IC
- 20 Imperial Walkers – IC
- Arm & Shoulder Stretches – 2x
YHC demonstrated the quickest way to draw a 5-point star: start at the bottom left point, move up to the top point, back down to the bottom right point, move west to the far left point, straight across to the far right point, and finish by returning to the bottom left point. YHC explained that he had set-up 5 numbered signs at each of the 5 points of the star. To complete a Star, PAX would move from sign to sign in the method previously described. At each sign, there were a list of exercises which correlated with different rounds. Each exercise listed would be multiplied by 10 in correlation with the sign’s number (e.g. Sign 1 = 10 reps, Sign 2 = 20 reps, Sign 3 = 30 reps, etc.). YHC advised that PAX would complete 5 rounds of star patterns total, picking up the 6 upon completion. Altogether, 5 rounds should equate to 2 miles in distance and 750 reps. It would also (in theory), make for a pretty sweet workout map upon completion.
Alas, YHC had miscalculated the running distance during his sign set-up in the starry gloom. To compensate, YHC instructed the PAX to complete one additional Star formation, with 15 SSH at each point. That brought us to 2 miles–and, as hoped, generated a nice star pattern to the beat down map!
Following, YHC led the PAX back to the basketball court.
Challenge 2: Dice Roll Doom
With 10 minutes to go, YHC busted out an oldie but a goodie: Dice Roll Doom. YHC positioned 5 dice at 5 different points on the basketball court — representing a pseudo star formation. In the center of the court was a numbered die. 2.0’s took turns rolling the numbered die to see how many reps we’d complete during a given star formation. Once that was determined, PAX took turns rolling the dice at corresponding star points to determine the exercise. Exercises completed were Merkins (3x), Monkey Humpers (2x), Big Boy Sit-Ups, Jump Squats, Mountain Climbers, Peter Parkers, Moroccan Nightclubs, and SSH.
- Men’s Night at Bayside Community Church on January 31st – let’s come out in full force – great EH opportunity
- Clay Shoot for the Sarasota Farm Bureau is next weekend – sign up if interested – all proceeds go toward 4-H Club
- Sparky will be starting a new book study in 3 weeks — new book is Soul Detox – HC and grow
- Night To Shine coming up on February 7th – get signed up to volunteer and celebrate the Special Needs community
- Superhero 5K is coming up on February 15th – we’ve got great numbers already, but could use more – sign up before it sells out
- F3 Ruck Event scheduled for April – get signed up if you’re interested
- Ripken M, and Train’s M as they battle breast cancer.
- Trump, Bing, Pincher and other PAX who are battling through nagging and major injuries — may they have speedy recoveries
- Lambeau’s parents, especially his Mom who is battling Alzheimers
- For our Military and First Responders
Great job today, men! Thanks for coming and enabling me to lead this morning’s Beat Down.