Weather: 76 and humid, clear skies
No one – and I mean no one – wants to do a VQ only days after his namesake make his VCFL start with the following statline: 11/20, 104 yards, 0 TDs, 4 INTs in a 50-11 loss. Hey, that’s a 75% completion percentage if you count the ones caught by the other guys!
Still, 14 pax gathered at the Adventure Park for the first-ever Manziel beatdown. After going through the core principles and disclaimers, it all began innocently enough with a mozy around the parking lot that included butt kickers, nur, and carioca x2. We then went to the Echo Chamber for the COP, which included:
- Side straddle hops, 20x IC
- Strawberry pickers, 10x IC
- Imperial walkers, 10x IC
- Moraccan nightclubs, 20x IC
- Freddie Mercuries, 10x IC
It was then time for the real fun to begin. The pax were presented with a list of 12 exercises, split up into 6 groups of 2. We did the first 2 exercises, ran to the first speed bump on the road to the Adventure Park road and back (about a third of a mile round trip, according to Google), then repeated the first 2 exercises, stacked on the next 2, ran again, repeating the process until eventually doing all 12 exercises together in the final set. The exercise list was:
- Al Gores – 20x
- Shoulder Taps – 30x
- Lunges – 20x
- Carolina Drydocks – 20x
- Mountain Climbers – 20x each leg
- Side Straddle Hops – 20x
- Merkins – 20x
- LBCs – 40x
- Plank Jacks – 30x
- American Hammers – 30x
- Burpees – 10x
- Step Ups – 10x each leg
Mumble chatter quickly grew to a minimum as the pax worked through the routine. Timing worked out perfectly as we finished up right at 6.00. Adding to the misery, the pax discovered during the name-o-rama that LG makes a phone with a dangerously intense camera light.
- Fort Hamer Bridge Run and Mud Titan both on August 25
- Siesta Key Triathlon on September 22 (should be a fun swim with the red tide)
- New T-shirts are available through August 17 – we already have 16 so it’s going ahead with or without you. Consider teaming up with another pax to avoid shipping charges.
- Bring school supplies for Operation Sweet Tooth
Prayers & Praises:
- James in his fight against cancer
- Injured Pax
- Kids going back to school (with praise from their parents)
Special shout out from the Q to Jimmy Dean for wearing an Ohio State shirt in SEC country, especially in light of the current mess around the program. Sparky nearly spoiled it by trying to hype the 4th place team in the Big Ten East, but redeemed himself by doing an excellent job leading us out.
Thanks to all who posted!