QSource | Q1.1 DRP
Weather | 62° F | Humidity 100% | Wind: 0mph
8 Pax continued our leadership study: QSource. This morning we continued the first quadrant Get Right with Q1.1: DRP (Daily Red Pill).
The Daily Commitment To Accelerate Fitness Fellowship And Faith
Proverbs 25:28 (NIV) Like a city whose walls are broken through is a man who lacks self-control.
- Can a man Get Right by himself?
- Do New Year’s Resolutions work?
- Are choices good?
A man needs help to Get Right
- Some men’s boats have been capsized so long that they have been worn out and swept downstream. Losing the ability to make headway, these men are focused only on survival. We call these men Sad Clowns.
- Sad Clowns shuffle through the motions of life governed by their perception of the world’s expectations rather than the purpose in which they were created.
- Mascot: a symbol of something rather than the something itself.
- Mascots put on the clothes and go through the motions, but are still amateurs just trying to look the part.
A man must turn pro to Get Right
- To Get Right the mascot must commit to actual movement, not just its appearance.
- The mascot must decide to turn Pro rather than continue life as an Amateur
- Mascots start each day with the Blue Pill
- A true HIM starts each day with the Red Pill
- Blue Pill: the choice of the easy-false life of a Mascot over the hard-true life of the HIM
- Red Pill: the choice of the hard-true life of the HIM over the easy-false life of the Mascot
Discretion is a cage with velvet bars
- The HIM depends upon his Guardrails to continue Accelerating. The faster his movement, the stronger they need to be
- The HIM gradually improves his Guardrails by constructing routines that allow for increasing action with decreasing thought
- While discretion may be the freedom to decide what to do in a given situation, for a man without Guardrails discretion is a cage with velvet bars—it will lead him to take the Blue
- A man needs help to Get Right
- A man must turn Pro to Get Right
- Discretion is a cage with velvet bars
Homework for 3/9
Thoughts for the week:
- What is the most important component of Fitness?
- What is the purpose of exercise?
- What is the best way to Accelerate Fitness?