Weather: 62 and delightful
Pax: Ripken (R), Sniper, Mr. Clean (R), Wormy (FNG), Chili Pepper, Bing
4 Pax (Ripken, Sniper, Wormy (FNG) and YHC (your humble correspondent)) met at 4:40 for a 3 mile pre-run through the Greenbrook Preserve neighborhood, with lots of chatter and discussion about Ragnar.
Upon return, we were greeted by Mr. Clean and Chili Pepper and a rather ugly Weinke prepared by YHC.
After a short mosey with high knees, butt kickers and Karaoke (2), we circled up for the following:
- SSH IC x 20
- Windmills IC x 10
- Strawberry Pickers (not Cherry) IC x 10
- Mountain Climbers IC x 10
- Peter Parkers IC x 10
After an Indian Run to the back of the school, it was announced that we would be doing a Merkin Ladder, at which time, one pax member removed his shorts, claiming something about needing padding for red knees (settling for Gerkins I guess). No more questions were asked! Merkin Ladder includes starting with 21 merkins at one end and running across the court to do 20 merkins, counting down to 1. 231 merkins in all.
After a failed attempt of a rail climb, the pax returned to the school entry way for a round of 11s including Bobby Hurley’s and LBCs.
To wrap up the morning, the pax shared a round of Mary including:
- Burpees IC (that’s not easy to do)
- Richard Simmons
- Stayin Alives
- Flutter Kicks
- Leg Lifts
- Homer to Marge
- Chili Peppers
- Prayers for those affected in the California Shooting (isn’t this happening too often now?)
- Praise to the teachers for acting quick and locking down the school
- Prayers for those who are persecuted for having a relationship with Christ, or even a relationship with someone who has a relationship with Christ. We have it great in this country, being able to freely speak of our love for God, others do not.
- For our country as a whole
- Prayers for those Pax who have slipped into the fartsack routine, that were once regulars in the gloom.
None made as we took time getting to know our FNG and his story of life.
Great job Pax!