Week 3 | Motivation
Weather | Warm and Muggy
All Pax (from both AOs) arrived at Adventure Park at 6:15 for the third week of this 3rd F gathering. Celery Fields was well represented and all were in attendance. We had a total of 11 Pax including our guest Q, Longshanks. Thank you everyone for attending!
This was the third week for Killing Kryptonite. The reading assignment was chapters 6-7. We have now completed the first of four sections of the book and are 25% done.
We opened in a prayer for this book study and to ask God to open our hearts, ears and minds for what he is going to accomplish.
- What is your vision for the community? Family? F3?
- Have these groups achieved their full potential?
We viewed the Pony Express video that showed the ridiculous contrast between sending a messenger halfway around the world to deliver an important message, when the technology exists to accomplish the same in a text message or email.
Have you ever seen another family and wish yours was more like theirs? Ever go to a small town and wish yours was more like theirs? Ever see a close group of friends and wish you had that? Ever see a faster car and want it? Motivation to achieve is often provided by a clear vision of potential. That is what we are trying to achieve, is a clear vision of our potential to serve as motivation.
Isaiah 60:1-2 (NKJV): Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. 2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the Lord will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you.
Chapter 6 – The Motivation
- iPhone Broke – Had to take it to the experts to fix it to its level of Potential.
- 30 years ago, texting did not exist. Because of the motivation of potential, solution was sought out (tech support).
- Clear vision of potential is motivation.
- We are the light of the world. Light expels darkness. No such thing as a flash-dark.
2 Corinthians 4:6-7 For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. 7 We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.
- Jesus told 500 followers to wait in the upper room, only 120, 10 days later.
- Did 380 think his directive was optional?
- 120 disciples were baptized into one accord. They were obedient to His word.
- 3000 people saved, 5000 people saved, No needy people among them.
- Peter walking the streets healing people, All of Asia heard the Word of the Lord.
- No technology, social media etc..
- Take Action
- Recall the Miracles performed by the apostles, that is not just for them. We can too because of God’s greatness within us.
- Do you believe it’s possible to see these Miracles again?
- Do you want all that God has for you?
Chapter 7 – The Power of One
Jesus prayed for all of us before he was crucified.
John 17:21-22 (NLT): I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me. 22 “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one.
He prayed for all of us to be one in Him as HE is one with the Father. Jesus did His Father’s will. He was at one with the Father. Our mission is no different than the early church: be united as One in Christ.
Haggai 2:9 (NKJV): ‘The glory of this latter temple shall be greater than the former,’ says the Lord of hosts. ‘And in this place I will give peace,’ says the Lord of hosts.”
- Is it hard to believe that Church (our temples united as one) will be greater than all the examples from the book of Acts?
- The end is always better than the beginning, the Church is no exception.
- Are you content with the current situation of the Church, your community?
- We discussed the difference between being content and complacent.
- What declarations can you make? Are any of the suggested one’s similar?
- The next week’s reading assignment is Chapters 8-9.
- Please read through Chapter 9 (no more than one chapter per day) by next Saturday 7/14.
Thought for the week:
Kryptonite. How do you treat your relationship with God? Known (intentional / familiar) sin is spiritual kryptonite and it is idolatry. Are there any known sins, familiar sins or struggles that you regularly face? Do you know anyone that faces these or other struggles? What should you do about it?