RUCK•ING [VERB] Carrying a weighted pack on your back. It implies action, energy, and purpose.
For more info, see https://www.goruck.com/what-is-rucking/
YHC posted just in time to be greeted by Sniper in full gear. Being on duty is a pretty legit excuse for not attending a beatdown, but to post at start time despite this is a sign of a HIM. The non-fartsacking pax took their daily Red Pill, arrived shortly, and received the disclaimer and short debrief on F3 and Rucking and what the sandbags on the back of my truck had to do with the gloom’s events. This was the only workout where sandbagging would be tolerated #dadjoke.
Circling around the shovelflag at the base of mother hill for all the sadclowns to see, YHC led the pax in cadence through:
- side straddle hop
- strawberry pickers
- Moroccan night clubs
- high knees
- side shuffle
Our first movement consisted of “Catch me if you can” ruck-style:
- In Partners
- Partner 1 rucks as far as possible while…
- Partner 2 completes the first exercise and reps…
- Partner 2 runs to catch partner 1, where they exchange…
- 1st set: 10 merkins
- 2nd set: 10 squats
- 3rd set: 10 absolution
- switch for next round
- Rinse and Repeat for 3 total rounds
Distance covered for the first movement: 1.5 miles
Abraham Lincoln once said, “Whenever given the opportunity, do the hardest thing, with the most effort possible, until you splash merlot”.
I’m a big fan of Abraham Lincoln and how he was always honest, so we definitely weren’t going to get away without involving Mother Hill in this morning’s beatdown. Here’s the second movement:
- Same partners
- Partner 1 rucks down and up Mother Hill with their ruck while…
- Partner 2 completes Dive Bombers or Dying Cockroaches (alternating sets)…
- Rinse and Repeat for 3-7 rounds depending on modifications
We planked to bring sixes in and moseyed back to shovelflag for endex.
Distance covered during second movement: 1 mile.
- Don’t forget to sign up for the SUP & RUN 5k
- Condenser traveling next week (looking for accountability to ensure he posts at F3 Louisville)
- Welcome FNG Zen!