Was the text message I received this morning at 11:28am from one of the PAX who attended the Monday morning beatdown at AP. I’d say he had a great time and the workout was challenging and beneficial.
I wish I could take credit for the Q but I can’t. They say “Imitation is the best form of flattery.” When preparing the Q for today I thought of the beatdowns that I had attended and kept coming back to the famous Manziel 3-Way workout I attended in November, so I figured I stick with that theme but make a few tweaks.
The weather was upper 60’s with a nearly full moon providing plenty of light over the echo chamber. A
At 5:15 YHC reviewed the 5 core principles to the 9 PAX in attendance and started a 2 lap mosey around the parking lot. The mosey included high knees, butt kickers and a brief NER. As the PAX completed the Mosey and began to circle up 2 additional PAX joined us and promptly completed their prescribed tardiness burpees.
The 11 PAX completed a round of SSH’s, Strawberry Pickers, forward/reverse arm circles and a round of Michael Phelps.
YHC instructed the PAX to gather their drinks and head to the Echo Chamber for the fun to begin.
YHC reviewed the structure of the 3 Way workout and promptly jumped into the THANG:
- 1st set: 20 reps each
- Goal line: Mountain Climbers
- Center line: Merkins
- 2nd goal line: Big boy sit ups
- Transportation: Toy Soldier
- 2nd set: 25 reps each
- Goal line: American hammers
- Center line: Carolina drydocks
- 2nd goal line: Monkey humpers
- Transportation: Long Jump Burpees-some stated that wasn’t a mode of trnsportation
- 3rd set: 30 reps each
- Goal line: Hello Dolly
- Center line: Evander Holyfields
- 2nd goal line: Lunges
- Transportation: Crab walk
- 4th set: 35 reps each
- Goal line: LBCs
- Center line: Overhead claps
- 2nd goal line: Salsa dips
- Transportation: Wheel Barrel with Partner
- 5th set: 40 reps each
- Goal line: Flutter kicks
- Center line: Shoulder taps
- 2nd goal line: Plank jacks
- Transportation: Lunge walk
The PAX concluded the 5 rounds and still had 7 minutes until 0600. YHC gave Manziel the honor of picking out the 2 exercises for the upcoming round of 11’s. Manziel chose Salsa Dips and Big boy Sit-ups.
At 0600 the PAX came together for the COT which consisted of prayer requests for the M’s of Ripken and Trane. Also, a prayer request for Trump’s friend that went to Lakewood Ranch Medical Center yesterday.
Thanks for coming out this morning Gents!!