Weather: 43ish – but didn’t stay cold for long!
After taking a lap around the lake for an extended warm up lap, and a pre-cursor of what is to come, the pax prepared for COP with the following:
- SSH IC x20
- Strawberry Pickers IC x10
- Windmills IC x10
- Flutter Kicks IC x10
- Freddie Mercury IC x10
Sets of cones were set up prior to the workout, each set included 3 different exercises. All to be done to the 24 count. Once complete with the 3-set of exercises, a lap was run around the lake. Sets included (possibly in this order, but possibly not):
- Mountain Climbers/Freddie Mercury/Burpees (great way to start)
- Flutter Kicks/SSH/Merkins
- Lunges/Moroccan Night Clubs/Squats
- American Hammers/LBCs/Carolina Dry Docks
The pax then moseyed over to the benches along the running trail for a round of 11s including dips and step ups. The clock struck 6 as we moseyed back to the parking lot.
Today is a day to celebrate. Yes, the day belongs to Martin Luther King and all the great work he did, but it was also the day that I took my last drink of alcohol. Accepting the advice of a dear friend, it was time to regain control of my life, and the past 24 years have been some of the best years! I thank Sky Q for giving me the strength to continue on this path, but I also thank F3 for allowing me to share my story and help many others take that first step. Life should be lived 1 day at a time, and that is truly meaningful as a recovering alcoholic.
- Still time to sign up for Night to Shine – Training sessions to be held at the end of January/start of February
- Volunteer or Donate to the Feed the Hungry event hosted by Wilson and his M
- Bayside Men’s Night – possibly F3 2nd F gathering on Friday, January 27 – Details to come.
- Mr. Clean’s Mom, with good news about her scans, but also not so great news. Prayers that she remains comfortable and pain free.
- Chili Peppers Daughter’s rash
- Recall and his family for continued recovery
- Pax struggling through marital issues
- Gremlin (Mint Hill brother) who passed away on Sunday during a long run.