The weather was muggy and 79, but overall sunny and perfect for this morning’s session in DTSP. This was a vQ for both #Law and Peach Fuzz.
A total of 9 showed up ready to get after it!
A quick disclaimer and F3 Principles were shared:
- Free to all
- Open to all men
- Always takes place, whether sun, rain, heat or cold
- Led by volunteers (not professionals) in a rotating fashion
The warm-up was as follows:
- SSH ICx15
- Windmills ICx15
- Imperial Walkers ICx15
- Toy Soldiers ICx15
- Monkey Humpers x15
- Arm Circles x15
- Mountain Kickers ICx15
- Alabama Ass Kickers ICx15
The Pax then participated in a brief Mozy to the north end of the park slow jog, and including into the jog some high-knees, butt-kickers, and Karaoke facing the morning’s sunrise.
The Thang (4 stages)
- Stage 1 – Ground exercises
- Kick-up leg raises (partner assisted by throwing feet back towards ground) x 15
- Buster Douglas sit-ups (partner assisted) x 15
- Diamond Merkins on your own x 15
- Planking for 30 seconds each, 3 x with brief recovery in between
- Brief mozy back over to tennis courts
- Stage 2 – Tennis Court Spider
- Pax then participated in a 3-round Spider on courts, with each person running a grid to touch all corners in similar suicide-style fashion.
- Brief mozy over to pull up bars by Volleyball courts
- Stage 3 – Pull-Up Station
- Pax then participated in a session of pull-ups on 3 side-by-side pull-up bars.
- Session was 3 rounds of 10 IC pull-ups
- Brief mozy back to main grassy area for final stage
- Stage 4 – Modified B.O.M.B.S with ‘silent second B’ (this took the Pax right up to the CoT)
- This was a partner exercise with 1 always running and the other 2 doing the exercises to reach total count
- Burpees x 50
- Overhead Claps x 100
- Merkins x 150
- Squats x 200
The morning ended with the CoT in a count-off, and name-a-rama.
Announcements & Prayer Requests:
- Clearwater launch will be Saturday, 9/7
- Ronald McDonald House on 9/9 in St. Pete
- Adopt-a-Block (FL Dream Center) will be hosting a project to paint a home in Sep/Oct and help is needed (Dirt Dart)
- Smudge requests prayers for his Step-Mom (Teresa)
- Ozzy requests prayers for a friend (Sheila) who is waiting to find out if she has cancer
- Tinker Toy requests prayers for his sister (baby on the way) and brother-in-law who’s in the military and currently over seas
- #Law requests prayers for Sarah, who’s currently fighting a brain tumor
- Branzino requests prayers as he’s preparing to take the first part of his Sommelier test
- Bing asked the group to remember many brothers who are fighting regret of past decisions and battling the inner mental thoughts of forgiveness and moving forward from the past.