Weather: 62 degrees, clear
Pax: Ace, Big Mac, Bing, Goob, Lancelot, Manziei, Pincher, Ricky Bobby, Ripken, ShamWow, Sniper
Today is Veterans Day, but since it’s also a Monday we had the usual 5.15 beatdown. We should do this every day, but today’s beatdown took on some extra meaning as we honored those men and women who make our military the greatest in the world. We’re 10 and 1! The F3 Mission, core principles, and disclaimers were shared, but in observation of the day, we turned to the shovel flag and recited the Pledge of Allegiance (h/t to Bing for the idea) before going off on our mozi. The mozi was a normal two lap trek around the parking lot with butt kickers, high knees, nur and carioca x2.
We then went to the echo chamber for an extended COP with SSH, strawberry pickers, windmills, imperial walkers, hillbilly walkers…and oh yeah, Jack Webb and Captain Thors.
In observance of Veterans Day (11/11), the thang was a bunch of 11s. The sets went as follows:
- Carolina drydocks and reverse crunches (transportation: run)
- Monkey humpers and diamond merkins (transportation: side shuffle)
- Flutter kicks and plank jacks (transportation: run)
- Freddie Mercury and shoulder taps (transportation: nur)
At this point, about 5 minutes were left, so YHC circled up the pax and shared the statistic that about 22 veterans per day take their own lives, and that it’s important for everyone to provide whatever support they can. We all then did 22 burpees to honor and remember them.
Finally, a few minutes were left for a Round of Mary, which included bridges (complete changeup from ShamWow), hand release merkins and more hand release merkins.
- Ripken and Brutus spent about 3 hours on Saturday clearing out and marking some trails out by Panther Ridge, and several of us took advantage yesterday for about 10 miles of Ragnar training. We’ll be doing it again next Sunday.
- Ragnar sign up sheet is online – sign up to bring some of our supplies and if you’re bringing beer, whatever you bring will affect how nicely I talk about you in future backblasts 🙂
- Need someone to Q the Salvation Army event on December 12
Praise reports & prayers:
- Ripken’s father in law, going through cancer treatments this week
- Veterans, active troops, police, firefighters and first responders, who are the reason we can do all this nonsense
Finally, a special shout out to all the veterans in our pax. You’re all heroes and we’re much better for having you around us.