Weather: Cool and clear, 73 degrees
The pax made a solid showing, given that the majority of our brothers were at Ft. Hammer run and Mud Titan. Seven pax hit it hard, including a return showing from Omaha. All in, a strong effort.
Disclaimer and principles. Pax started with a mosey of two laps around the parking lot. Mixed in were butt kickers, high knees, nur and carioca x2. Then, the pax moved to the hockey ring for warm-up and some burners.
- SSH x15 IC
- Strawberry pickers x10 IC
- Abe Vigoda x10 IC
- Moroccan Night Clubs x15 IC
- Annies x2 each arm
- Side Plank x2 each arm
Pax was eager to push hard this morning, thinking of their comrades suffering through the Mud Titan. So, we cranked up the effort right out of the gate.
- Bear Crawl 1-2-3. Pax partnered up. One partner bear crawled across the hockey court and back, while the other partner exercised. Exercises were 100 Merkins, 200 LBCs, 300 Squats.
- Paired Sit-Ups. Each partner lies on their sixes facing each other in sit-up position. One partner holds 10 pound water jug and does a full sit-up. Then, hands jug to partner, who does a sit-up. Continue for 1 minute, 15 second break. Repeat 3 times.
- Hammer Time. Pax forms a tight circle, then gets into American Hammer position. Every other pax member has a water jug to start. Pass water jug to pax member on your side in American Hammer motion. Circle passes jugs clockwise for 1 minute. Then, counter-clockwise for 1 minute. Abs were burning at this point.
- Burpee Ladder – 5. Just because… Pax lined up at one side of the hockey court. Start with 5 burpees, run around the far hockey goal, do 4 burpees, run, 3, 2, 1. Rebar loves burpees!
Pax then jogged to the basketball court for the main event. Counted off in 4’s. There were numbered stations at each corner of the basketball court. Each station had 4 exercises, labeled A, B, C, D. Each pax member started at their numbered station with the A exercise. Perform 20 reps. Sprint to center of basketball court, then over to next station moving clockwise around the court. Complete next A exercise. Proceed through all 4 A exercises, then B, C, D. Repeat until time ran out.
Station 1 – Abs (because you can’t do enough ab work)
- A) American Hammer
- B) LBC
- C) Freddy Mercury
- D) Hello Dolly
Station 2 – Legs
- A) Side Straddle Hops
- B) Lunges
- C) Calf Raises
- D) Al Gore
Station 3 – Upper Body (with bricks on all exercises)
- A) Berkins
- B) Carolina Dry Docks
- C) Plank Punch
- D) The Swimmer
Station 4 – Core
- A) Shoulder Taps
- B) Peter Parker
- C) Imperial Walkers
- D) Mountain Climbers
Continued this rotation until 8am. Then, moved to center of basketball court for the wrap-up.
Praises / Prayers / Announcements:
- Grand Cru wine bar is open.
- Omaha shared his appreciation for the out-pouring of support from the pax during these difficult times for him.
- Prayers for safety and success of rest of pax at Fort Hammer run and Mud Titan.