Weather: COLD as balls (34 miserable degrees)
Pax in attendance: Brutus, Deep Dish, Goob, Lancelot, Mugsy, Olympus, Ripken, ShamWow, Sir Wallace
At 5:10, Goob rolled into the parking lot expecting no cars, no humans, or signs of life in general. This was a poor expectation as several brothers were huddled together in the parking lot regretting their decision to be there. More showed up as everyone complained of the cold. Ripken rolled in on two wheels, hopped out of the car, and instantly griped of the artic chill. Mugsy placed on his swimming cap and alas, it was 5:15. Goob commenced the beatdown by stating the 5 core principles AND thanking everyone for showing up for support. He also may have mentioned two points- it was cold and that if he’d known when he signed up to Q at the end of December that it was going to be 34 degrees, he certainly would not have.
Needing an extended warmup from the brutal temps from which everyone was suffering (everyone except Brutus whom rolled up in a thin long sleeve shirt trying to prove his manliness after the previous evenings cold weather trash talk), the group mozied 3 laps which included high knees, butt kickers, nur, and a side-to-side shuffle both directions. The group then circled up to perform 15 SSH and 11 Strawberry pickers in cadence. From there, everyone stretched the legs out a bit and then performed some Michael Phelps to stretch the shoulders out.
They say thievery is the highest form of flattery. With that in mind, Goob implored everyone to move towards the corner of the parking lot near the bike racks. Stealing from ShamWow (and others) from the recent past, Goob had taped a workout to the pole. Each exercise was to be performed in escalating fashion in each of the four corners of the parking lot. In between parking lot runs, the bike rack was to be utilized with its own unique torture. That said, the thang commenced with a stipulation. FROM THAT MOMENT ON, ANY MENTION OF THE WORD COLD RESULTED IN A “WARM YOUR COLD BALLS UP” SPRINT AROUND THE ENTIRETY OF THE PARKING LOT.
- Jack Webbs (5, 10, 15, 20)
- Tricep Dips at bike rack (4X10)
- Peter Parker/Parker Peters (both to be performed- 5, 10, 15, 20)
- Lat Pull-thru at bike rack (4X10)
- Salsa Dips (5, 10, 15, 20)
- Scissor kicks at the bike rack (4X10)
- Burpees (5, 10, 15, 20)
More was planned but was not completed. There were two mentions of “COLD” both of which were intentional; once by Ripken and once by Olympus. Neither mention went without QIC hearing it.
- Sniper’s clay shoot (January 25th)
- Men’s night at Bayside (January 31st)
- Night to Shine at Bayside (February 7th)
- Bridge A Life 5K (Feb 15th) – come meet JackRabbit as he and I will be running
- Lori, Ripken’s M and SIGNIFICANTLY better half, as she defeats breast cancer
- Trane’s M as she defeats breast cancer
- Ben, Goob’s best friend in Wilmington, as he battle nasopharyngeal and lung cancer
- Mugsy’s brother (in-law) Andy as he battles addiction
- Traveling PAX
- Injured PAX
- First responders
We froze, warmed up quickly, and had fun. It was my honor as always to Q.