Week 1 | Introduction
Weather | 58° F | Humidity 78% | Wind: 12mph NE
This week 6 Pax met at Adventure Park to continue our latest book study: Soul Detox. Thank you everyone that was able to attend. This morning we covered the introduction and got to know our newest member Warden. We are just getting started and are currently reading Chapter 1 for next week. It is never too late to show up early for the beatdown and work on your spiritual health.
Where There’s Smoke
- Analogy of smokey house growing up
- There can be things in your life that you do not know how unhealthy they are until you get away from them
- Others can see these things, but you cant because you are so used to them
The Devils Advocate
- We cant immerse ourselves in the world around us so much that culture dictates our habits and not God
- Are we desensitized to what is right, wrong, good or evil, pleasing or displeasing to our holy God?
- Everything that we allow into our minds, hearts, and lives — everything that we spend our money on — has an impact on how we grow or don’t grow spiritually
- Proverbs 25:26 —Like a muddied spring or a polluted well are the righteous who give way to the wicked
- Unhealthy thoughts often lead to unhealthy words
- You cannot experience the richness of a dynamic, intimate relationship with God if you put Him in a little box to check off your to-do list each week
Homework for 2/22
- Read Chapter 1 – Deception Infection
Thoughts for the week:
- Are there any toxic behaviors or emotions in your life that you can identify?
- What are some of the ways that God speaks to you?