Weather: 77 and muggy
OMAHA OMAHA – Had to make a quick location change due to the fact that Nathan Benderson Park was closed for a national rowing competition. 25 men found their way over to the UTC Dillards lot.
Kudos to those who arrived early for a pre-run or pre-cycle. Lots of pre-activity happening in the gloom.
With an FNG present, Disclaimer was shared, 5 core principles reviewed and stated the mission statement in all it’s glory…and it was time for a mosi around the traffic circle including high knees, nur, butt kickers, carioca and toy soldiers.
- SSH x20IC
- Imperial Walkers x10IC
- Parker Peters x10IC
- Peter Parkers x10IC
- Mountain Climbers x10IC
- Hello Dolly x10iC
- Weezy Jeffersons x10IC
Thang 1 included partnering up for some partner sets. Partner 1 performs 10 reps of the exercise while Partner 2 does a static hold or other exercise. All reps total 100.
- 100 Merkins/Plank
- 100 LBCs/Pickle Pointers
- 100 Squats/Air Chair
- 100 Carolina Dry Docks/Side Plank
- 100 Big Boy Situps/Hello Dolly
Thang 2 included a round of BOMBS. Same partner. Partner 1 does the exercise while Partner 2 runs to the second parking lot island and back. A short distance to keep it intense. Reps included 50 Burpees, 100 Overhead Claps, 150 Merkins, 200 Big Boy Situps and 250 Squats. Some of the pairings made it most of the way through, most were more than happy to hear it was 6a!
Welcome to our FNG, Eric Burgess, now known as Viking with his heritage, this is perfect.
Now that we are nearing the 1 year anniversary of Covid-19 and our start of the quarantine in our country, it was a great reminder of what life was like before, and then during quarantine. If anything good can be applied to this change in life, it eliminated the BUSYNESS we all found ourselves in. School, sports, kids activities and all were put on hold and it gave us time to spend time as a family and work on our relationships which is most important. BUSYNESS is the work of the Devil. It takes us away from our time with Sky Q, away from time with our families and away from time with ourselves. Today we focused on partner work because it reminds us that we have one another to lean on and help achieve out goals, and ultimately allow us to eliminate some of the load we are carrying. But it is also a reminder that we have God we can lean on to lighten our load. We ended with the following verses from Matthew 11:28-30.
Then Jesus Said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light”
Take his Yoke Upon you brothers. Find rest for our souls and then find those around you who are carrying a heavy burden, and remind them to take His yoke upon themselves. Aye!
- Superhero race tomorrow!!
- Raider Run in March
- Gator Wilderness Run April
- GrowRuck in May – sign up or Ripken will kill you
- Sup n Run Race in May
- COT Newsletter is out from F3 Nation – check your email and read it
- Rapino VQ next Friday – POST to support him ringing the 2nd bell
- Praise God for the return to good health by Ace. Prayers worked, along with the hospital high steps he did to prove he didn’t have to stay
- Prayers for Sully’s Dad/Ripken’s Father In Law for his quick recovery from an injured back and all of his recent ailments
- For the discernment of Drake and his fellow board members on a difficult decision ahead.
- Prayers for our brother Pincher as his father’s life is near it’s end. May he carry this burden with confidence and continued peace that he has in his relationship with God, his family and his brothers all around him. Love you, Pincher!
This pax always amazes me with the hard work and love that is shared. Be the light to the world and clear the path my brothers!