PREP: Laying out a beatdown parking lot pain station map with some bearcrawl integrated in.
WEATHER: SW FL in summer. ‘Nuf said.
5:15AM: F3 5 core principles recited: All workouts are: Free of charge, Open to all men, Held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold, Peer led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary, and End with a Circle of Trust. F3 Credo is: Leave no man behind, but leave no man where you find him.
MESSAGE: Nada. Let’s get to work
WARM UP: Big square parking lot mosey with typical nur, high knees, butt kickers, but none of that sideways stuff. Also, arms up at various times during the mosey. During mosey, YHC pointed out (8) locations with cones and the dreaded gallon storage bag sheets of pain. Also, arms up at various times. Circle up in middle of parking, then slow start with arm circles, agitators, Michael Phelps, strawberry pickers, leg stretches, Windmills and SSH. Count off by 4’s.
THE THANG: (8) pain stations were set up on the big parking lot square, (2) per straight-away, each located about ⅓ of the length between the corners. Each of the 4 groups from the count-off were instructed to go to the first station on each straight-away, creating an empty station on each straight-away between each group. Each group was instructed to perform the first (2) exercises/counts on the sheets of pain, with one of the pax calling out cadence. When complete, the group bear crawled to the next station in the straight-away. Then complete the (2) exercises on the next sheet of pain, in cadence, then RUN around the corner to the 3rd station (1st on the next straightaway). To clarify modes: bear crawl between stations on the straightaways and run between stations with a corner between them.
When round 1 is complete, go to round 2, then repeat round 1 exercises if time remaining.
Round 1 / stations 1 & 5: (20) American Hammer (each side) & (20) merkins
Round 1 / stations 2 & 6: (20) Gas Pumps & (20) Shoulder Taps (each side)
Round 1 / stations 3 & 7: (20) Imperial Walkers (each leg) & (30) Flock of Seagulls
Round 1 / stations 4 & 8: (25) Flutter Kicks (each leg) & (20) Evander Holyfields (each arm)
Round 2 / stations 1 & 5: (8) Get Ups & (15) Windmills
Round 2 / stations 2 & 6: (20) Squats & (30) Morrocan Night Clubs
Round 2 / stations 3 & 7: (10) Burpees & (40) Overhead Claps
Round 2 / stations 4 & 8: (25) Calf Raises & (12) Low Country Crabs (each side)
Playlist: SiriusXM Turbo
The 4 groups stayed evenly spread apart. Always trying to improve the cadence count. YHC received feedback: “Best beatdown ever.” “It’ll be hard to top that one.” “Who died and made you the best Q ever?” “Dude, you are the master of all time, being and space.” (YHC just checking to see who is actually reading this 2 day late BB.
- Welcome 2 FNG’s = Quaker and Callahan (EH’d by Sea Lion)
- Welcome DR Paper Trail
- 9/11 event planning in process for NBP – more to follow
- Wildpax Dec 2-4 – check Slack and HC w/$100
- Sign up to visit Warren (Double Time will visit July 18)
- SR70 clean up between Lorraine and LWR Blvd last Saturday each month
- YHC suggested pax consider involvement in a Shieldlock, and encouraged other pax to create a Sheildlock of their own. YHC can provide some guidance, a syllabus our Shieldlock has been following and a discussion agenda for anyone interested to start their own. Shieldlocks are a VERY powerful thing.
PRAISES / PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Ripken FIL passing
- Brutus 2.0 travel solo to Ohio
- Mugsy younger brother Andy isolation
- Sea Lion’s father Wayne possible Parkinson’s (7 months after retirement)
- Crabcakes SIL medically induced coma
WRAP-UP: Always an honor to be trusted to lead y’all.