This workout is borrowed from an idea called “Minutes” from F3 The Fort:
- Stand in a circle.
- Do one exercise for one minute.
- Rest for ten seconds.
- Repeat until 45 minutes are up.
We did a few regular exercises (SSH, merkins, strawberry pickers etc), but the special sauce of this workout was phony burpees. Here are some examples:
- Hand release merkins and then a jump
- 3 merkins than 3 SSHs
- 3 LBCs and then a Bobby Hurley
- 3 box cutters and then 3 high knees
- 3 mountain climbers and then a squat
Many of the minutes were taken up with these combined exercises: one on the ground and one on our feet. We occasionally broke up this pattern by using 1 minute to run a lap of the parking lot.
Great turnout this morning. Almost half the PAX did a ruck workout, but there was still more than a dozen of us in the main workout.