Winter has arrived in Florida. Temperatures this morning plunged down as far as about 75°C and with the wind-chill it felt more like 70°C.
As the PAX shivered in the icy cold and wrapped up warm, we went over the 5 core principles.
I explained that a lot of PAX are suffering from shoulder injuries, so this workout was designed not to put any heavy pressure on our shoulders. We’ve done no-running workouts before, so why not no-shoulders? Turns out that is harder than it looks: no merkins, no burpees, no planks etc.
After a mosey, we started with a 4×4 exercise in 4 corners of the parking lot:
- 4 box cutters then 4 rope skips. Repeat 4 times then move to the next corner.
- 4 rock pushes then 4 step-in punches. Repeat 4 times then move to the next corner.
- 4 crunchy frogs then 4 jungle boy squat. Repeat 4 times then move to the next corner.
Next, we moved on to an exercise that involved going in a straight line down the parking lot:
- 4 high skips, then 4 LBCs. Repeat all the way down.
- 4 high knees, then 4 big boys. Repeat all the way down.
- 4 butt kickers, then 4 Freddy Mercuries. Repeat all the way down.
- 4 ellipticals, then 4 Bobby Hurleys. Repeat all the way down.
We finished with a 1 minute exercise: 60 seconds on, then a 10 second rest:
- Side shuffle and punch
- American hammers
- High knee pulldown
- Low Country Crabs
- Bob and weave
F3 Suncoast has a real shortage of guys from Ohio, but we went someway to fixing that by welcoming FNG “Short Sale”.
Don’t forget the “Give2Give” fundraising campaign that has just started with the aim of building a real F3 Foundation.