Weather: Steamy and upper 70s
Pax assembled for what was going to be a great morning. With one FNG present, the disclaimer was shared and off we went for a mozi. Intentionally we mosied down to the path towards the dog park in order for the 5k Feeding America 5k Pax to start their run. COP included:
- SSH x35 IC
- Windmills x10 IC
- LBCs x10 IC
- Freddy Mercury x10 IC
It was time for the running crew to head out with Dasani at lead. The plan called for a 5k with pain stations totaling 35 reps to symbolize the 35 million people battling food insecurities. The plan included:
35x Shoulder Taps
35 American Hammers
35 Jump Squats
35 Flutter Kicks (4 count)
35 Plank Ladders
The Bootcampers followed YHC over to the roller rink for some starfish fun that included 90 total reps of exercises each round. Starting in the center faceoff circle, do the exercise, mode of transportation to each faceoff circle, always returning back to the center faceoff circle each time. The rounds included:
- Merkins/Bear Crawl
- Squats/Duck Walk
- LBCs/Crab Walk
Now that we have worked all the way down our body, it was time to annihilate the rest of our bodies with the Pit of Misery (thanks for introducing this to us Longshanks). 1 Burpee/4 SSH/Run around outside of Roller Rink. Plank for six prior to starting next round. Rinse and repeat until 10 Burpees/40 SSH. Longshanks was cursed, but the pax persevered and completed right at 8am.
- Wildpax early December
- Ragnar WV – need 3 more runners
- 10 Year anniversary celebration for F3 in Wilmington, NC in October
- Seek out charitable/serving opportunities – a great way to lead and a great way to contribute
- Papa Smurf – prayers for a final resolution to his Grandson’s case and for the amazing support of the men of F3 throughout all of it
- ShamWow getting his hearing aides back
- For ShamWow’s Daughter/Bing’s Sister for her ailments
- Ripken’s Father and his poor health
- First Responders, military and all those who serve and protect us
- Snapshot’s Brother-in-law ending his cancer treatment. but the toll is had taken on his sister’s health and the needs she now has.
- The remainder of the spoken and unspoken prayers
Dasani shared a number of stats on those suffering from food insecurity and how we have the opportunity from God to serve. A number of ideas were served up such a food delivery ruck and serving at Ronald McDonald house if possible. More to come.
It was an honor to share this Q with a HIM such as Dasani. And thank you to Cancelled from F3 Clearwater for introducing the pax to the opportunity to support Feeding America and the Run Across America.