5:15 – 15 Pax tuned in to a great 45 minute workout. But first, 5 core principles mentioned.
Strawberry Pickers, Grab right leg, grab left leg, imperial walkers, Moroccan NC’s, shoulder taps, right arm up, left arm up, 10 merkins, then a quick mosey around the turf.
YHC went through the Exicon and jotted down a list of exercises I have never led before or done before (at least that I can remember). Getting through on the numbers and A-C workouts, there was a list of about 7 planned, but only got through 4. After each exercise, quick mosey around the turf.
- 21’s – SSH on two count, count together to 5. Reps 6-21 everybody counts by themselves in their own head. Everybody stops exactly at 21 in unison. If anyone stops before, keeps going, or isnt in unison, 10 burpees as punishment. Round 1 we failed. A few pax went past 21. Round 2 we failed, intentionally by BigMac (pleasing ChiliPepper). Round 3 we got it, ending in unison exactly at 21 looking like we are infantry ready for battle. Quick mosey around turf.
- Alphabets – On your 6. Legs 6 inches off the ground and start drawing the letters of the Alphabet with you legs. We did A-Z twice, first round drawing uppercase letters. Second round drawing lower case letters. Mosey around the turf.
- ATM’s – Plank Position 20 shoulder taps IC, 20 tempo merkins IC, and 10 merkins OYO. Two rounds of that. Mosey around the turf.
- Baba O’Riley – Who wrote that. 5 minute song with doing imperial walkers throughout the whole song. Keep it moving, 5 minutes straight. Mosey around the turf.
- Big Bang – Everyone in a tight circle, shoulder to shoulder, everyone gets a chance to name an exercise and a rep count. On go, everyone sprint 10 yards out to pavers, perform said exercise and reps and head back to the middle shoulder to shoulder in plank position. Kicker is (hence big bang), every rep count has to be bigger than the previous. Exercises performed (trying to remember all) were: CDD’s, Jump Squats, LBC’s, Squats, Merkins, Calf Raises, Burpees, Big Boy’s, 20 Yd Bear Crawl, American hammers, Crunchy Frogs, Dying Bugs, Nolan Ryans, and topped off with ab walks width way across the turf and back.
Announcements: Many things happening in July: July 4th 1776 beatdown, July 6th Ruck, July 15 Beach day in Nokomis. A lot of emphasis on stepping up to Q. Manning VQ tomorrow, 6/28 at Hardknocks UNV. A lot of support out there to help a Q.
Praises: Being here in the first place, great things like long marriages and anniversaries.
Prayers: For family members and pax going through health challenges, for family members away from home.
Half Respect, peace