Running is over-rated (that phrase is trademarked by Pudge). It’s bad for the knees and makes you all sweaty. So we decided to do an entire beatdown without any running.
We didn’t even do a mosey. We circled up and started the exercises which were for one minute with 10 seconds rest between. That meant we could get close to 40 exercises done during the workout:
- 1 minute of merkins. 10 second rest.
- 1 minute of LBCs. 10 second rest.
- 1 minute of burpess. 10 second rest.
- You get the idea …
We had a wireless speaker to remind us of the intervals, but there wasn’t any music playing initially. After some persuasion, we found a random Spotify channel playing 80s and 90s hip-hop. The first song on the playlist was the highlight:
Apart from the slightly dated music, the main distractions came from the PAX:
- The Publix parking lot didn’t seem big enough for the ruckers and they kept walking through the circle.
- Fireball’s car is right-hand drive, so he was parked in all the wrong spots.
- Sonic Boom turned up at approximately 5.45, so we all had extra burpees to do.