YHC was excited to be back on Q, especially at the Ruck AO, so YHC spent some time inviting a bunch of folks we haven’t seen in a while..and was thrilled to welcome back all of the kotters…thanks for coming! Also, knowing it was going to be a special morning, YHC reached into a bag of tricks and phoned a friend (or two) for WOD suggestions. Hello Kitty and Repeato were quick to suggest the Hightower Ruck WOD and a few other terrible ideas. I woke up early with excitement for the gloom ahead.
Disclaimer and core principles were shared and the ruckers (10) and bootcampers (5) headed in their own directions. Our warm up included a mosi around Publix with rucks overhead to our first COP which included:
- 10 Overhead Press IC
- 10 Low Slow Squats IC Ruck on front
Mosi to second COP which included:
- 10 Ruck Curls IC
- 10 Ruck Swings IC
It was time for The Thing. Honoring Ofc Jacob Hancher, we completed the #hightower374WOD which included:
- 100 SSH IC
- 100 Flutter Kicks IC – Ruck Up
- 100 LBCs IC – Ruck UP
- 74 Ruck Thrusters
Broken up into 25 reps (IC) with 15 Thrusters in each set. After 60 Thrusters were completed, a curveball was thrown that included 23 Merkins to honor Hightower and the age in which he paid the ultimate price. We completed the WOD with 14 thrusters.
With 12 minutes remaining, next up was the Ruck at Home WOD #19
- AMRAP in 12 Minutes
- 10 Rucksack Ground-to-Overheads
- 5 Burpees Over Rucksack
- 200 Meter Ruck Run
This took us right up to COT which was done with the bootcamp HIM.
- Keep an eye out for new 3rd F date
- Anyone interested in the 26.2 mile overnight ruck with Kotter to support a cause led by San Antonio F3?
- Wildpax – Not mentioned, but always in our hearts
- Hancher family as they mourn the loss of their hero
- Family of police officer killed in Hillsboro county
- Praise – Jimmy Dean 5 years of F3
- Praise – Sonic boom 1-year of F3
- All those battling Cancer
- Victims of Hurricane Ian and their ability to see God and his grace in these difficult times
- Condenser – Just because
It is always an honor to lead such a great group of men, and I look forward to the next time…and thanks again for coming back out Cavallino. We are much better in your presence!