Jimmy Dean stood at Adventure Park today and summed thing up: “What a beautiful morning. It’s cool and there’s a breeze. No mosquitoes. Perfect weather.” Then he farted loud enough to be heard at WaWa. But his point was still valid. It was a great morning for a beatdown.
This beatdown had no Christmas music, no holiday theme, no Santa or Elf outfits. The only goal was to pre-emptively burn some of the calories we’ll be eating and drinking later this week. Call it the “Fat Bastard” workout (I don’t think Austin Powers counts as a Christmas movie).
We started with 5 core principles and then a mosey.
The centerpiece of this workout was an exercise ladder. I ask the PAX to imagine a 6 foot rope ladder on the floor in front of them. We would do exercises in-and-out of the ladder boxes for 2 minutes, followed by 20 seconds rest.
- Use a mode of transportation to go down the ladder.
- Complete an exercise at the end of the ladder.
- Go back down the ladder.
- Complete the exercise at the other end of the ladder.
So here are some of the reps we did:
- 2 feet in then 2 feet out of the ladder boxes. 5 LBS at each end.
- Diagonal bursts through the box. 5 jump-and-catches at the end.
- Scissors in-and-out of the ladder boxes. 5 speed skaters at the end.
- Basketball dribbles. 5 Bobby Hurleys at the end.
- Fast steps in-and-out of the ladder boxes. 5 burpees.
We took a quick break to a do a run around the parking with a 5-count exercise in each corner of the parking lot.
45 minutes later, we’d burned 500+ calories and produced enough smutty jokes to make an awesome “Austin Powers 4” movie.
- Announcements: Salvation Army, 6 pm Tuesday night.
- Prayers: Pyro and his family. Jimmy Dean’s family. All those who are lonely over the holidays.