This was the night after the Oscars. So we started with YHC repeated the five core principles and then said, “At least in F3, you’re welcome to make as many bad jokes as you want.” That was a mistake. Led by Pudge, the floodgates opened:
- “What’s brown and sticky?” “A stick”
- “Why don’t seagulls fly over the bay?” “Because then they’d be bagels”.
You get the idea. We started with a mosey and then a warm-up before getting into the main workout. This was a 4 corners exercise. There was an Abs corner, a Legs corner, an Arms corner, and a Burpee corner. There was a 5th stop which had these instructions:
- “Select a PAX from your team.
- This PAX chooses the mode of transportation for your next circuit.
- When you return to this station, this PAX tells a story about themselves. It can be funny, serious, sad, warm, or happy. You choose.
- Select another PAX. Repeat.”
This was a variation on the “Magic Bucket” workout I’ve tried a couple of times. The aim is to give the PAX a little more 2nd F in addition to the fitness.
Prayers up for Mrs Doubtfire. When it rains, it pours. This too shall pass and sunnier days will come again.