PREP: YHC arrived a few minutes early to tape sets of exercises to 3 of the 4 light poles down the center of the parking lot and deposit some coupons (BRUTUS ruck plate set and several 10kg weight plates), as well as hand sanitizer.
WEATHER: Swamp. That’s all (see playlist).
5:15AM: 5 core principles were recited quickly. Goob and Olympus announced that they needed to leave early; thanks for comin’! (Seriously)
TODAY’S MESSAGE: No message – just work today. Aye!
WARM UP: Extended clockwise mosey all the way around Publix. There was a stop at the back of the Publix for some SSH and Monkey Humpers for the security camera. Continue mosey to the east side of Publix for Strawberry Pickers and some static stretches. Mosey completed to the front parking lot / east side. YHC is still a little nervous about Q’ing and the run felt particularly good, so totally forgot about mixing in some nur, carioca, butt kickers, etc. Oh well, next time.
- YHC has learned from prior Q’s just to keep it simple. Well, I tried. Beatdown started at the east end of the parking lot (furthest east light pole = “base”), and pax were to “mode” (see below) to the other 3 light poles to the west consecutively (closest light pole first, then middle, finally the furthest), perform the complete set of posted exercises (see below), then return to “base”. Upon return to “base”, pax were to complete (5) THE Buckeye Burpees before mode to / exercises at the next light pole. There were (2) sets of exercises at each light pole. Pax performed the “ODD” exercise set for the 1st “cycle”, and the “EVEN” exercise set for the 2nd cycle.
- What’s a THE Buckeye Burpee, you ask? Well, check the F3 Exicon, as YHC’s legacy is now secured with this new exercise. THE Buckeye Burpee is a standard burpee, vastly improved as follows: at the bottom of the merkin, release hands and perform an overhead “O”, followed by “H”, complete the merkin / burpee, and upon returning to standing position, perform an overhead “I”, then “O”. Got it? THE Buckeye Burpee (trademark). Go Bucks! Beat Blue!
MODE: 1st light pole: bear crawl. 2nd light pole: side shuffle. 3rd light pole: run.
- Light pole #1 / 1st set: (40) Jungle Boy Squats, (40) LBC, (40) Shoulder Taps, (40) Box Cutters, (20) Lunges.
- Light Pole #2 / 1st set: (20) Merkins, (30 seconds) Al Gore, (30) Weight Swings / Morning Glorys, (50) Heel Touches, (5) Burpees.
- Light pole #3 / 1st set: (40) Imperial Walkers, (50) Overhead Claps, (50) Flutter Kicks, (20) Decline Merkins, (10) Burpees.
- Light Pole #1 / 2nd set: (30) Big Boy Sit-Ups, (30) Lunges, (30) Evander Holyfields, (40) American Hammers, (XX) Your Choice.
- Light Pole #2 / 2nd set: (30) Carolina Dry Docks, (30) Gas Pumps, (40) Weight Curls / Overhead Claps, (30) Leg Lifts, (50) Calf Raises.
- Light Pole #3 / 2nd set: (50) Plank Jacks, (50) Moroccan Night Clubs, (20) Jump Lunges, (1 minute) Plank, (20) Dips.
PLAYLIST: When in the swamp, play swamp music. FL (only) bands today, featuring Molly Hatchet.
- Molly Hatchet: Flirtin’ with Disaster
- 38 Special: Rockin’ Into The Night
- Molly Hatchet: Gator Country
- The Outlaws: There Goes Another Love Song
- Molly Hatchet: Beatin’ The Odds
- Lynyrd Skynyrd: Call Me The Breeze
- Molly Hatchet: Bounty Hunter
- Stranger: Okeechobee Whiskey
- Molly Hatchet: Whiskey Man
SUMMARY: Some confusion to start, but was clarified pretty quickly (as far as I know). The Beatdown was timed out pretty well; most of the pax made it to the 3rd light pole for the 2nd set. Cycle count was a little high for some of the exercises, but a good challenge. Pudge recommends to be aware of exercises that stress the back excessively; we’ll have to get some pointers….
- Pax encouraged to donate blood (Brutus)
- 5K for Pregnancy Center on Sunday 13-SEP (Sir Wallace)
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s Saturday 21-NOV (Manziel)
PRAISES / PRAYER REQUESTS:
- Mugsy acquaintance Michael
- ChiliPeppers’ Bro-in-law’s father
- Ripken / Lori biopsy
- Lobsta Grandma
- Injured pax (Bing)
WRAP-UP: YHC is humbled by the trust given by the pax to lead y’all. Thanks for the confidence boost!