The scent of a brand new AO greeted us at Winn-Dixieland as we arrived for the very first Wednesday beatdown. It was either that or some bad pork product from inside the store.
At 5.15, the scent was quickly forgotten as YHC welcomed everyone to the new location, rattled off the core principles and usual disclaimer. We followed that with a mozi that included high knees, side shuffle, nur, and probably some other stuff. Next up was a COP with SSH, strawberry pickers, windmills, and imperial walkers.
This was YHC’s first Q in quite some time, thanks to having spent the better part of the time since GrowRuck on IR (thanks Dredd). Despite Ripken’s pleas for the Board of Pain (or 45 minutes of Captain Thors), the theme of choice for the day was the Manziel 3-way. With some newer-ish pax on hand, this required some explaining but everyone’s fears were quickly addressed. For the uninitiated, the 3-way, named as such in honor of Skyline Chili, goes like this – 3 lines in the parking lot are designated as places to do exercises, and each line gets a different exercises. There’s also a mode of transportation to get from one line to the next. You do a set of exercises for the first line, take the transportation to the middle line and do that exercise, the go to the 3rd line, do that exercise, and turn around and hit the exercises for both the center and the first lines on the way back. The lineup was as follows:
- Sets of 20 – Salsa dips, Carolina drydocks, big boy situps – transportation – crab walk
- Sets of 25 – Merkins, Hello Dolly, flutter kicks – transportation – lunge walk
- Sets of 30 – Shoulder taps, overhead claps, hillbilly walkers – transportation – side shuffle
- Sets of 35 – LBCs, plank jacks, Freddie Mercury – transportation – carioca
- Sets of 40 – American hammers, calf raises, merkins (again) – transportation – toy soldiers
One thing we learned from the crab walks in the first set is that the reason why stuff is more expensive at Publix is because they spend way more on the quality of their parking lots. It was like a flashback to the parking lot at AP, just without as many bugs eating us alive, except for the fire ants that somehow found their way onto the pavement and left some nasty souvenirs for YHC and Ripken (and who knows who else). Turns out that Crabcakes actually wasn’t crazy on Monday when he told YHC that the concrete sidewalks were softer than the parking surface itself.
We had a few minutes left for some 7s. There were burpees.
- Wildpax is in December. Sign up and pay up to Stagecoach before it’s sold out.
- Special Sept 11 workout at Benderson
Until next time…Manziel out