Weather- it’s Florida in October so not surface of the sun and not Alaska. 66 degrees but still about 80% humidity.
The PAX were circled up at about 5:12 am and the chatter was strong. At 5:14, YHC decided to start the explanation of the day’s run. Essentially, the plan was to run about 1 mile for a warmup, stop at the fountain to gather ourselves/stretch/scratch/etc, and then take off on a “figure 8 tempo run”. One’s tempo was explained as faster than your normal pace but not a race pace. Through the grumbles, YHC noticed the clock was nearing 5:16am; thus we were late. After 1 mile and stopping at the fountain, the complete plan was revealed. Run the figure 8 loop at your tempo pace, take a 1 mile jog, run 1 mile at race pace, and then jog it back to the parking lot as a cool down.
On the run, Defib explained why the lights at Ft. Hamer (and all over Tampa for that matter) had turned and were turning purple. Goob’s initial reaction was alien takeover. Sadly, Defib knew the exact reason as explained by the most trustworthy of sources- the news. It’s okay, I’m told fact checkers back his story. The newer, more energy efficient lights being purchased and installed by cities contain 3 primary color elements inside them, red, blue, and yellow. Unforseen however is the yellow filament is burning out nearly instantaneously leaving only the red and blue filaments to burn. The result? Purple alien street lights.
See what you miss when you skip the Hamer? Hard hitting, life lessons that make us all a little better (and smarter) and ready to tackle the day.
- Portable shower cleanup after Saturday’s AP beat down. Stay on site and help out “Bring on the Ministry”.
- Nov 21st Skunk Ape Marathon
- Wild Pax, Dec 2-4
- Defib’s friend miraculous turnaround after battling lingering Covid symptoms for the better part of a year.
- The cooler mornings and the ability to exercise our bodies and minds with brothers
- Safe travels for Enron and his M to Italy for their 30th anniversary
- Becca as she travels to West Point
- Messi as he tries out for the High School team
- Emilia as she applies for and interviews with colleges. Also the discernment of choosing the right one for her.
- JackRabbit and Bailey as they navigate school and sports
- All the 2.0’s recent problems, challenges, and situations.
- Spinal Tap’s brother and sister as they prepare for their boards.
Blessed to call you all brothers.