We started Tuesday morning at 5.15 with 5 core principles and then a mosey.
At about 5.16, everyone was sweating buckets. Summer is here and on full blast already.
The centerpiece of this morning’s workout was an exercise ladder. In the parking lot in front of Benderson tower, I asked the PAX to imagine a 6 foot rope ladder on the floor in front of them.
The plan was this:
- Use a mode of transportation to go down the ladder.
- Complete an exercise at the end of the ladder.
- Go back down the ladder.
- Complete the exercise at the other end of the ladder.
- Repeat for 2 minutes
So here are some of the reps we did:
- 2 feet in then 2 feet out of the ladder boxes. 5 LBCs at each end.
- Diagonal bursts through the box. 5 jump-and-catches at the end.
- Scissors in-and-out of the ladder boxes. 5 plank jacks at the end.
- Jailbreak. 5 burpees on top of the tower. That was a fun little twist in the process 🙂
The message at the end was that YHC appreciates being part of a group of men who are committed to getting better as they get older. Too many people believe their best years were in high school, college, or their 20’s. When you come to F3, you’re surrounded by men who still know they can be faster, wiser and stronger than yesterday.