5:15a struck, and YHC was surprised to see the showing in the gloom, knowing many of the usual runners are tapering prior to the Skunk Ape Marathon this upcoming weekend. Goes to show how strong this AO has become after a rather low point when there was a threat to shut it down!!
Thinking quick on YHC feet, it was declared that we would do intervals from the waterless fountain out to the T in the road. Hard pace in one direction, recovery coming back. The goal of interval training is to train the heart by raising it, and then lowering on the cool down…and this is what was done.
6+ miles put in by all, and a great effort was put forth.
- Wild Pax Registration closes
- Bring canned goods next week for the food drive
- Much interest in keeping Ft Hamer an option on Turkey day
- Trump with a houseful of guests
- Traveling Pax
- Those who have put in great effort to prepare for this weekend, and that the results will be as they wanted, or better
- All other mentioned and unmentioned prayers/praises
Always an honor to lead this group of men…