Weather: 42 but no wind, so it was delightful
5:15a struck, disclaimer, core principles and mission statement were reviewed and off we went on a mosi including butt kickers, side shuffle x2 and headed back to the start. Today’s mosi route was a preview of the run that would take place during the Thang itself.
Circle of Pain:
- SSH x10 IC
- Imperial Walkers x10 IC
- Moroccan Night Clubs x20IC
- LBCs x10IC
- Hello Dolly x10IC
- Rosalita x10IC
First and foremost, credit goes to the backblast written at F3 The Fort by Fishsticks, the guy who EH’ed me into F3 nearly 7 years ago.
We walked over to the curb where 15 cards with exercise written on each. Complete the exercise written on the card and run a lap.
Here are the exercises:
80 Moroccan Nightclubs
100 Carolina Dry Docks
80 Plank Jacks
100 Flutter Kicks
80 Side Straddle Hops
60 American Hammers
80 Plank Punches
100 Calf Raises
80 Freddie Mercury
80 Mountain Climbers
The pax endured through the cards and got most complete. No one was dissapointed that burpees had not been flipped by the time the clock stuck 6a.
- Don’t forget to check out the new AO in Parrish
- Bridge a life Run
- Raider Run
With a total of 9 men in attendance (3 ruckers + 6 bootcampers) YHC required each man to share a praise or prayer request. They are as follows:
- Praises for the serenity provided by Him, the King of Peace
- ChiliPeppers 2.0 getting a job
- Spartan’s XM battling Covid
- Hacksaw’s Father and his diminished memory
- For ShamWow and continued recovery so he can rejoin us in the gloom
- Mrs. Doubtfire’s 2.0 for leading her team to a championship
- Mr Clean’s daughter and family as they go through job transitions
- For Paul, and his candor in encouraging YHC to quit drinking 28 years ago
- Praise for a great first weekend for Sparkler and his church plant
- For an FNG at Watchtower for peace of mind and a feeling of serenity
The pax were asked to define the word Serenity. The only word shared was PEACE or PEACEFUL. It is through serenity and peace of mind that a man can stay consistent in his reactions to the FLUX in life. If you are finding yourself reacting negatively, with anger, or just checking out mentally, seek serenity by simplifying your life and narrowing the amount of FLUX you allow in your life. AYE!
It is always an honor to lead this great group of men!