Backblast for F3 “Bad Clown: Beatdown” A.O. Date: January 21st, 2023 Q: Pork Roll Weather: Perfect, the mid-60s, low humidity, with a light breeze PAX: 10
Today, I decided to shake things up and lead a beatdown that incorporated interval running with cadence calls. I typically come prepared with kettlebells, resistance bands, and slam balls but this time I wanted to keep it simple and just show up to the beatdown a couple minutes before we started just to stretch it out.
We started with 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off, later switching to one minute on and one minute off. In between the intervals, we circled up and did calisthenics exercises such as overhead claps, imperial walkers, strawberry pickers, and others.
I have to admit, I was a bit nervous leading this beatdown as it was my first time incorporating cadence calls. I was certain I’d screw something up… but somehow, I didn’t!!
I was pleasantly surprised when the PAX really seemed to enjoy the workout, you could tell by how much StageCoach complained. We ended up running over 4 miles by the end of the hour!
A big shoutout to Drake, who helped pace the beatdown. Having just come off running and training for a marathon, it was fun running by his side.
- 10 PAX in attendance
- A reminder of upcoming events:
- Bayside Men’s Night Feb 3rd
- Poblanos Dinner Feb 9th
- Tim Tebow’s “Night to Shine” hosted at Bay Side on February 10th
- Lots of marathons / Ask Gridlock and Kotter
- Drake is moving and holding a “pizza party” on or around Feb 4th and 5th they will need some muscle to move some things. He needs “horsepower” and it’s only a 3-mile trip.
- New A.O. on Monday Mornings, Ashton Trail Head | 06:00
- Prayers and Praises for Kim, Stage Coaches Sister, for a successful immunotherapy
- Praise report from Drake towards Air Coyote and Replay for running 4+ miles today!