A loop around the two bridges to the parking lot, with usual nur and such. Warmup was the usual Strawberry Pickers, Windmill, Imperial Walkers and Sidestraddle Hops. Smurf does that each time.
The idea was to look at the totality of Proverbs, and often overlooked book of the Bible. Filled with wisdom, humor and reality, it is truly Solomon’s genius. A deck of cards had some of those Proverbs, some wise, some saucy. The teams divided into groups of three. Each of the six light poles had five cards on them, corresponding to an exercise, and a verse. Groups did the five exercises and read the proverbs, and moved to the next one. The number of exercises corresponded to chapter. Time filled up until 5:55. Exercises were the below:
Supermans (Note Ripken said this exercise in Ohio is done with the singing of the theme of Greatest American Hero. The theme was by Mike Post and Pete Carpenter, and one hit wonder Joey Scarbury. One only needs to sing the first verse.)
The verses included some of the following. Q picked the King James version because they were often saucier:
- Prov.11 As a jewel of gold in a swine’s snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.
- Prov.12  The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
- Prov.14 Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox.
- Prov.16  A just weight and balance are the LORD’s: all the weights of the bag are his work.
- Prov.17  Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
- Prov.21  It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.
- Prov.21  The glory of young men is their strength: and the beauty of old men is the gray head.
- Prov.22  The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.
- Prov.23  For a whore is a deep ditch; and a strange woman is a narrow pit.
- Prov.25  It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.
We headed back to hill for quick round of Mary. New FNG was from D.C., Lombardi. Welcome to Sarasota, and thanks for EH Pudge.
Surgery for 2.0 Enron; Big Mac for work family who have lost father; unspoken prayers