Number of Pax: 4
Pax Names: AirWolf, Cavallino, Manziel, Stagecoach,
Number of FNGS: 0
Weather: 58 degrees and rain
After extreme amounts of jealousy and stink-eye over being left out of WildPax, YHC brought the Board of Pain to AP on Monday. Unfortunately, the BoP doesn’t do well in the rain, and with that in the forecast, most activities had to be held under the pavilion. Which meant that we got to play with picnic tables (which sounds a lot dirtier than it really is).
The 3-lap mozi included the usual butt kickers, high knees, carioca x2, nur and toy soldiers. The COP, held out in the open and in the drizzle, had SSH, strawberry pickers, Moroccan nightclubs, windmills, Michael Phelps, arm circles and agitators.
The main event for the day was the latest spin on the 3:44 workout. The Board of Pain had 3 groups of 3 exercises each. Do 44 sets of the first 3 exercises, the go run to the red bike light, strategically placed along the Adventure Park road approximately 344 yards from the pavilion. Luckily for his sake, Stagecoach clarified that the red light YHC was referring to was a bike light, not a traffic light at the end of Greenbrook Blvd. (which would have resulted in excessive running if it was green when he got there). Once there, do 44 monkey humpers, then run back. Then start at the top of the board again, do the first 6 exercises, rinse & repeat the running and monkey humpers, then do it all again with all 9 exercises. The exercises were as follows:
- Gas pumps
- Pull ups (on the table/pole)
- Freddie Mercury
- Step ups
- Incline merkins
- American hammers
YHC told the rest of the pax several tall tales about WildPax, some of which may have been exaggerated, except for Trane’s beer chugging skills, which cannot be exaggerated. At one point, Stagecoach started to complain about Saturday’s AP beatdown, only to be told that at WildPax, the nonsense with the railroad ties nearly ended all of us, except for Rowdy. At least I tried to make it sound fun. The pax completed the workout right as we hit 6.00, sparing everyone from other stupidity which would not have been pre-planned.
- Special Christmas themed beatdown on Saturday with post-game festivities at AP, getting us all fired up before the Buckeyes (30-point favorites – yes, 30!) put an unmerciful end to the Harbaugh era at TTUN
- WildPax 2021, first week of December…although the stop at Limestone Country Club on the way home should be mandatory, IMHO
- Sarasota County Farm Bureau Clay Shoot, January 30 – come help support an organization near and dear to Sniper
- Superhero 5K and 10K in February, supporting Bridge a Life
Prayers & Praises:
- Several close to us and our friends fighting Covid
- Injured pax and those who need to find F3
- Police, troops, firefighters and first responders