Heritage Harbor is a fun AO location. There’s lots of variety in the workout options, and a small, friendly group of PAX.
We started with 5 core principles and then a mosey.
The centerpiece of this workout was an exercise ladder. I ask the PAX to imagine a 6 foot rope ladder on the floor in front of them. We would do exercises in-and-out of the ladder boxes. I’ll call them “boxes” rather than “holes” after a long mumblechatter about making sure you use the right holes.
- Use a mode of transportation to go down the ladder.
- Complete an exercise at the end of the ladder.
- Go back down the ladder.
- Complete the exercise at the other end of the ladder.
So here are reps we did:
- 2 feet in then 2 feet out of the ladder boxes. 3 merkins at each end.
- Boxing shuffle with 1 foot forward. 3 jungle boy squats at each end.
- Diagonal bursts through the box. 3 jump-and-catches at the end.
- Scissors in-and-out of the ladder boxes. 3 speed skaters at the end.
- Basketball dribbles. 3 Bobby Hurleys at the end.
- Fast steps in-and-out of the ladder boxes. 3 knee pull-downs.
We took a quick break to a do a run and 9-count exercise in each corner of the parking lot: 9 crunchy frogs and 9 jungle boy squats.
We got back to the start and then took some suggestions from the PAX:
- Mr Clean suggested lunges, then squats at both ends.
- Blade Runner suggested bear crawls then burpees at both ends (!)
- Olympus suggested A-skips and then mountain climbers at both ends.
We finished with three more rounds featuring bunny hops, boxing shuffles, LBCs, big boys and surfees.
Thanks to Lancelot for his graphic design skills in today’s photo.