Number of Pax: 9
Pax Names: AirWolf, Bernie, Gold watch, Jimmy Dean, Manning, Pork Roll, Spamalot,
Number of FNGS: 1
FNG Names: Middy
9 Pax embraced the gloom including Spam who was DR from F3 Savannah and brought his FNG nephew (now Middy)
WX: 67 degrees and the fog lifted by the time coffeeteria arrived.
YHC covered the 5 core principles and a disclaimer before this tabata-esque beatdown kicked off:
W/U: Mosey with high knees, butt kickers, karaoke (both sides), nur and at the end there was SSH IC x10, IWs IC x10, and Merkins (on the “down”) x10
The Thang: Used a tabata timer to go through 4 sets of the following exercises (essentially 10 exercises with a minute budgeted — some for count and some for time)
• 25 Jump Squats (within a minute)
• 20 Merkins (within a minute)
• 15 WWII situps (within a minute)
• Plank (high or low) 40 sec with 20 sec rest
• Long swimmers 40 sec with 20 sec rest
• 15 Burpees (within a minute)
• Calf raises 40 sec with 20 sec rest
• Side lunges (10 each side)
• Bridge (switch at 30 sec if single leg)
• SSH 40 sec with 20 sec rest
On the fourth round, we hit 6 o’clock at the end of the side lunges, so not quite a full four rounds.
– Announcements: Gator Wilderness Camp Trail Run 4/22 at 8am (5k, 10k, 15k, and Kids Run — prices increase with the distance except for the Kids Run, which is free and at 11 after the other runs are done). Mysterio II on 4/29 starts at 0500 – connect with @Pork Roll to get on the emailing list, etc. SUP & RUN 5K on 5/6
– TaPs: Pork Roll’s 2.0 Pikachu is struggling with some deep questions for an 8-yo kid — prayers that he moves through this and can resume enjoying childhood. Jimmy Dean had some tough conversations with his kids over the weekend, but they ended pretty well — prayers that those conversations can be had and result in everyone involved coming closer together in light of it. General prayers for any parents or family members that are sad, lonely , or hurting right now that the Holy Spirit would reach them and/or those around them to bring folks together more.
Have a great week!