Number of Pax: 5
Pax Names: Birdhole, El Capitan, Grohl, Mega, Tinker Toy,
Number of FNGS: 2
FNG Names: Grohl, Mega
QIC: Bird Hole
So awesome to have two FNG’s (FNG Grohl actually EH’ed FNG Mega), a very recent FNG (El Capitan) and a Kotter today (Tinker Toy).Right before we started we noticed a large rainbow gracing our AO – we knew it would be a great post. One pax rightly said “God is with us” and He was.
Knowing we had lots of “new” and questionable endurance, since many were honest about needing pain since they have not been experiencing any (which proved to be the case…all were gassed early and often; even for the Q who has been slack on exercise during the week lately) – I decided lots of variety over lots of reps.
- COP – Moseyed out to Hooker’s Pier for SSH, Windmills, Running With Scissors, Merkins, and Mountain Climbers (10-20 in each). Many oohs and aahs from the newbies since Hooker’s Pier sits in the water on Tampa Bay…a superb starting point for sure.
- Head to Spike Beach to wall for 15 dips, dash around the beachside volleyball courts, repeato on dips and then 20 step ups (or 10 jumps ups).
- To bayside sidewalk for some shoulder tap planks, short mosey, backwards run, Carioca and Indian Run.Then a short stop for inclines at some open benches.
- Mosey back to start for some H2O and our first mini-break. The early stages of many being gassed was apparent – Yeah!
- To beachside concrete circle for a bit of Mary: Dolly, Rosalita, Dying Cockroach, and Heels To Heaven
- Heading to the Tropics, we started with a bear crawl then lunges then mosey to the center of the jungle for a bot of merkin mania (wide arm, staggered left, then right and Carolina Drydocks. For desert we did WMD’s (killer merkins: a wide transition to a medium and then a diamond – that’s 1!).
- A few breather exercises with Freddie Mercs and LBC’s before a handful of declines at nearby benches.
- Mosey home.
- COT: Countarama, Namearama, FNG naming and prayer requests. Some deep testimony shared by FNG’s Mega and Grohl plus recent FNG El Capitan during the naming. They reminded us of the great grace we are under and the great benefits of F3 to help reveal how sweat and fellowship show our wholeness in the face of brokenness. So thrilled to have all these gents as members of DTSP, Suncoast and Nation Pax! YHC offered the closing prayer.