With several pax traveling or in IR (illness reserve), we had for today for some Ferris wheel fun. A humid but pretty day with a moderate wind…too many windless days recently so nice to have at least some breeze to enjoy.
COP: A moving COP today, with light mosey to North Shore Drive and heading up towards the Vinoy Basin. We passed the Tropics, which is very unlike me, but YHC is trying to not be so predictable;e. Stops along the way for SSH, Abe Vigodas, and squats with some NUR, high knees and butt kickers along the way. The 5 core principals were shared.
- Our mosey ended up in the big grassy (should say weedy) open area just off the trail in-between the Vinoy and the aquatic center. Time for some Ferris wheel fun: Each pax go about 25 yards from center to do a called exercise then run counterclockwise to the next position on the outer ferris wheel and then again until all 4 positions (wheel split in quarters) hit; and them back to center for 4 more called exercises. This were combos of regular merkins, diamond merkins, wide merkins, squats, knee jumps, and LBC’s.
- In between 2nd and 3rd Ferris wheel trips, we had a mini-Mary with Freddy Mercs, Heels To Heaven and Rosalitas.
- Mosey to Bay path and benches for a series of dips, derkins and irkins.
- The special 30 second breather at seawall to gaze at the palm trees, water, sun, horizon…to appreciate this glorious AO the Lord has made.
- Heartbreak Ridge style Indian Run (pax makes a full circle around the line and not just to the front) all the way to Hooker’s Pier.
- Partner up at landside Hookers Pier, with partner 1 heading to the end while partner 2 does called exercise. Partner 1 did SSH for two runs and regular run for last. Partner 2 did LBC’s then merkins then WMD’s.
- Short mosey mixed with walking lunges to concrete pad adjacent to the bath house. A couple of quick exercises with squat pull ups from a low rail (harder than YHC thought) then step ups on the nearby beach wall.
COT: Namearama, Countarama. Main announcement was we will join our slightly northern bros of Clearwater for a beach convergence to celebrate their 2 year anniversary on September 11. Many of the Clearwater pax started with St. Pete until we kicked them out of the nest (well actually they made some excuse like Clearwater was a whole lot closer to their homes). Prayers for our ill and wounded pax, Train for his travels and El Cap’s friend who is in a long term healing process.
As always, love leading or following with the Burg pax. So much so, is YHC will also lead our Monday AO….actually never posted there so figured it was time.