Glad to have Pole Dancer with us again! He is with the Columbia pax and was with family on holiday.
December continues to have a chill in the air; lots of high forties after wind chill exacerbated by the fact we are over the large bay most of the workout. St. Pete pax thinks that’s fine for places from which we moved from (Toledo and Charlotte for example), but we long for our single layer days. Yeah, yeah…the pax in Charlotte and Toledo as well as Minnesota, Chicago, Nebraska and other multi-layer AO’s say “quit your whining…it’s 27 or -7 here”. We say: “Come join us”!
YHC introduced several new things today: Rolling COP, Furballs and action in a part of the Pier we have not been to before.
Tried something a bit new here – a rolling COP. Run 20 yards, stop for an exercise and repeato. Started with SSH and then Abe Vigodas, Parker Peters and then my fav running with scissors.
- Mosey to nearby steps for dips and step ups/jump ups.
- Headed to the new territory now called the Beach Pad. About a 20X10 concrete pad on the family beach about 1/3 down from start of The Pier. Partnered up and head to each corner for a called exercise. Then to middle for another called exercise, but don’t start until your partner is there too. Pairings were merkins on the corner and then squats in the middle, followed by star jacks/peoples chair and then 3 position ski jumps/Carolina Drydocks
- And then its time for Furballs! Acronnym is FRBL for front, right, back, and left. Q calls a letter and pax runs/moves until Q says “drop”. Q has a called exercise and we started with merkins and after all directions went to mountain climbers and then moving pushup. For this who played school football, this might have been familiar to some of their drills. When I was lead in it the first time, the “drop” was all to burpees. But I passed on those; an F3 fav but not mine. But you Q’s may like the burpee action with FRBLs .
- Moving up the pier, we did walking lunges and a bear crawl
- Partner up with first partner run through mid-section of pier and around the railings while other partners does called exercise, then switch. Exercises were mainly WWII sit-ups with a squat thrown in for a break. 4 laps.
- Start back toward home with Indian Run
- Time left to stop for some irkins and derkins
- With about 50 yards left, we lined up for AYG.
COT: Countarama, Namearama, announcements and prayers. Prayers include a gent friend of El Cap in Honduras who is in some legal trouble.
Merry Christmas to all F3 Nation!