A beautiful morning at Benderson.
While the ruckers went for a nice walk and chat (perhaps a cup of tea too), the main beatdown got down to the business in hand.
Thunderstruck is a good song to encourage burpees, but we’ve heard it a lot of times now. Surely there are other songs we can use? So today’s workout focused on replacements.
Each song has one word repeated over and over. When the normal lyrics are going, you do the first exercise. When the repeated word comes up, you do the second exercise. You know the drill from Thunderstruck.
- Peaches: SSH and burpees
- Give it Away: Hover in place, plus big boy situps
- Can I Kick it?: Rope Skip, plus plank jacks
- I’m Going Down: LBCs and Low Country Crabs
- Happy: Elliptical, plus crunchy frogs
- Tubthumping: Squats, plus merkins
- Jump Around: Speed skaters, plus Mountain climbers
Most of PAX managed to do a great job with the exercises. Crabcakes took it a step further and turned them into full-on dance routines.
It was good to see Sully (Ripken’s cousin).
Prayers for Mr Clean who’s looking forward to being a grandfather again, plus Bing’s co-worker who sadly passed from COVID.