Running is over-rated. It’s bad for the knees and makes you all sweaty. So we decided to do an entire beatdown without any running.
Olympus got things started with an energetic warm-up. He cheated a little … we moved about 10 yards doing the warm-up. We did a series of exercises, each one interspersed with 5 burpees:
- Walking hamstring stretches
- Toy soldiers
- Lunge progressions
- Swimming exercises on the ground
- Merkins in all forms (Regular, narrow, wide)
- Planks in all forms (Regular, left side, right side, Peter Parkers, supin, shoulder taps).
We then formed into a circle and started a Mexican wave. One or two people did an exercise while the others did a different exercise.
- Main group: Sidestraddle hops. Small group: Burpees.
- Main group: Speed skaters. Small group: Merkins.
- Main group: Bobby Hurleys. Small group: Mountain Climbers.
- Main group: Squats. Small group: Big-boy sit-ups.
- Main group: Burpees. Small group: American hammers.
- Main group: Lunges. Small group: Get-ups.
Prayers for Amazon whose father passed recently, and for Olympus’ daughter who is 10 today.
Hopefully this beatdown rated more than 0.0.