QSource | Q2.1 Impact
Weather (St. Pete) | 75° F | Humidity 94% | Wind: 0mph NE
This week we launched our newest AO: St. Petersburg. The assignment was: Q2.1: Impact. We reviewed this week’s material the following week 6/8/19. We are currently transitioning into our next book study, Fathering Like the Father. The new study will be at the same time and place, Adventure Park Saturdays at 6:15am. QSource will continue for the rest of 2019 at WaWa after the Saturday beatdowns at approximately 8:15.
Q2.1 | Impact
Forcible Contact To Strong Effect
Titus 3:14 (NIV) Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives.
- Can a man self-initiate positive change in his life?
- Can a broken man be helped?
- Can an unbroken man be convinced to risk abandoning his Status Quo?
Forcible contact is Proximity initiated by Movement
- Proximity, a nearness in geography or relationship, does not occur in stasis.
- Without a HIM willing and able to engage in Movement, forcible contact will not occur.
- Despite this innate desire for Proximity and the recognition of the dangers of prolonged solitude, very few men are willing and able to initiate Movement to Proximity.
- This leaves the Servants (those men whose Purpose it is to seek Advantage for others) as the only men who can and will initiate Movement to Proximity.
Proximity is required to have a strong effect in the life of a Survivor
- The Proximity created by a HIM results in intense changes in the lives of the people that he forcibly contacts.
- Whether it is putting a roof over a man’s head or pulling him back from fullblown submission to his Jester, a HIM’s forcible contact with a Survivor has the strong effect of demonstrably altering the baseline conditions of his life.
- A Survivor is a man oppressed by the conditions of his life. To free him from that oppression, the HIM initiates forcible contact.
Proximity is required to have a strong effect in the life of a Sad Clown
- For the Sad Clown it is the seeming futility of living out the rest of his life without Hope that oppresses him.
- To free the Sad Clown from his oppression, the HIM has to ignite a palpable desire for Movement in his heart.
- There are no Sad Clown Homeless Shelters or Anonymous chapters, the HIM must find some other and less obvious way to make forcible contact.
Just as the HIM must be willing and able to pull the Survivor into his boat (for a season), he must also be willing and able to help the Sad Clown flip his own boat back into the upright position so that he can begin making headway.
- Forcible contact is Proximity initiated by Movement
- Proximity is required to have a strong effect in the life of a Survivor
- Proximity is required to have a strong effect in the life of a Sad Clown
Homework for 6/8
Thoughts for the week:
- Can you force a man to help himself?
- How can one man help another man change his life?
- What does Influence look like?