QSource | Q1.6 Shorties
Weather | 80° F | Humidity 62% | Wind: 7mph ESE
4 Pax continued our leadership study: QSource. Kotter joined us from Celery Fields. If anyone feels compelled to lead one these discussions there is a signup sheet on the Q schedule. This morning we continued the first quadrant Get Right with Q1.6: Shorties.
The Sacrificial Relationship Between A Man And His Children
Ephesians 6:4 (NIV) Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
- What can a father hold back from his children?
- How important is a father?
- Why must a father be strong for his children?
A man gives everything he has for his children
- The HIM’s relationship with his children is sacrificial because he will give up everything he has for them.
- The HIM’s relationship with his children is unique in a critical way. It is the one connection that can never be fully severed.
- The seeds of discontent sown by the ineffective father will yield a legacy of damaged fruit.
The IMPACT (for good or bad) that a man has on his children cannot be underestimated
- The quality of a man’s relationship with his children defines the quality of their relationships with everyone else for the rest of their lives.
- If a father is present, just and warm then he will have imprinted upon his children’s hearts a template of relational success upon which they can rely throughout their lives.
The HIM’s Commitment provides his children freedom
- As children grow, their lives are naturally drawn further and further away.
- The HIM establishes a solid foundation on which his children can rely even after he has left the Earth.
- The HIM’s unwavering sacrifice for his children allows them the freedom to grow into the men and women they were created to be.
- A man gives everything he has for his children
- The IMPACT (for good or bad) that a man has on his children cannot be underestimated
- The HIM’s Commitment provides his children freedom
Homework for 4/13
Thoughts for the week:
- Are some men born to be lone wolves?
- Do Communities benefit when men combine?
- Can a man begin the fight against adversity before he encounters it?