Weather: 60’s and clear gloomy skies
After a 3.3 mile EC run with Gridlock, YHC was thrilled to see the crowd gathering in the parking lot. Part of the pre-run included setting up some cones and we were ready to go. Disclaimer was shared and we took off for a mosey around the parking lot, including the usual high knees, butt kickers, Nur, Carioca x2 and Toy Soldiers/Frankensteins.
COP included the following:
- SSH x51 IC – that was fun
- Strawberry Pickers w Overhead Clap x10IC
- Windmill x10 IC
- Wheezy Jeffersons x15 IC
- LBCs x15 IC
- Jimmy Dean Stretches
- Mountain Climbers x10IC
After grabbing our water and flag, we took off to the corner of Lorraine and Greenbrook to start the Thang. 2 cones were set up heading up Greenbrook and two cones were placed up Lorraine, but we used the light posts instead. Starting at home base, we did a 10-20-30. 10 exercises, run to the first stop for 20 and then the final stop for 30. Once complete, sprint back and plank for the six. The exercises included:
- Big Boy Situps – Leg Lifts – Freddie Mercury
- Monkey Humpers (on the corner of course) – Lunges – Squats
- Merkins – Overhead Claps – Moroccan Night Clubs
- Sumo Squats – Ab something – Carolina Dry Docks
Next up we did a seal team sit-up that included 7 pax on one side, arms locked, facing the second line of pax. Each line did 15 Big Boy Sit-ups. This was likely a site to be seen, but the pax quickly separated after the big boy sit-ups were complete. Possibly too much togetherness on a public street corner.
Next up was a few rounds of squat holds and a few rounds of plank series.
After a very organized and successful indian run up towards the school entrance on Lorraine and then back, we finished our indian run back to the AO. After a final mosey to bring in ShamWow, 6a hit and we were done!
- If you eat any of your kids candy tonight, you are required to attend Unconditional Surrender AO in the Thursday gloom
- Take an EH card and EH a dad or two while out trick or treating
- Care2Tri on Saturday. Either Run or help at the water station. M and 2.0s also
- Heart Tri on Superbowl Sunday
- Disrupt your status quo while in the car and start listening to the F3 Podcasts on Itunes or Soundcloud. You won’t regret it.
- December 11 Homeless Outreach – contribute and HC NOW!
- Jimmy Dean’s Daughter
- Mr. Clean’s Mom with her decision on next steps in her cancer treatment
- Pittsburgh Victims and victims of all hate crimes.
It’s always an honor to lead this group of HIM and I thank you all for following my lead.